Camber kit help!!

Tree

Ok so I've read the thread on honda-tech about why you don't need camber kits, but I live in Hawaii and when you make changes to your suspension you have to get a recon (reconstruction) permit. Basically to pass the recon your car has to be able to be aligned to "stock specifications" anyways I was wondering how low would I be able to go and still be able to get it aligned to "stock specifications"? I could just have it lowered hardly at all get it aligned then get the recon then lower it after, but then i would have to pay for 2 alignments which doesn't seem logical to me.

Edit: I will be using adjustable coilovers to lower the car if that matters

Tree

They wont know if you dont tell em! Haha.
well they wont pass your safety inspection if you dont have it lol, and theyre really strict over here, if you get pulled over and youre not street legal, they'll probably impound your car

Bsweeney

Can anyone help?
I'm pretty low tuck tire by about 1/2 in. I have a blox camber kit set all the way out and I still have a good amount of negative camber( which I really don't like). I've thought about maybe getting those pillow ball mount with the camber adjustment just to get it all the way back to normal. So I say don't go to low and get a camber kit to correct it.

Ryan659

Buy a Camber kit and then don't worry about it. There's not much else you can do other than paying for two alignments

SoundEfx

Once you lower your car, you will change stock specs, even though it might not be much. So if you are trying to 'lower' your car and keep the stock specs, you have just wasted money on your suspension because most likely, you'll still be at stock height.

Camber kits are cheap and in my opinion, should be used whenever a car is lowered.

dlo253

Once you lower your car, you will change stock specs, even though it might not be much. So if you are trying to 'lower' your car and keep the stock specs, you have just wasted money on your suspension because most likely, you'll still be at stock height.

Camber kits are cheap and in my opinion, should be used whenever a car is lowered.
By stock spec I believe he just means alignment specs. Toe can be set back to stock specs, as well as camber, etc. Don't think stock ride height is one of the specs he is concerned with. Correct me if im wrong OP.

Tree

By stock spec I believe he just means alignment specs. Toe can be set back to stock specs, as well as camber, etc. Don't think stock ride height is one of the specs he is concerned with. Correct me if im wrong OP.
Yes you're correct, still not sure what to do :lol: I guess I'll just have to wait and save up for coilovers and camber kits

Tree

Or I could take it somewhere and pay for a lifetime alignment, might do that instead depending on cost

SoundEfx

100% True. After rereading what I wrote, I didn't really say what I meant.

What I referred to as stock spec was camber stock spec. Once you lower your car, that will be changed and you can't get it 'fixed' without a camber kit.

dlo253

Yeah, to an extent. Depending on the drop... easiest way is just get a kit. Or they have adjustable ball joints for the stock arms.