car broken into again!!

kenny19

so this morning i woke up went outside and my car door was wide open. it was loved and now obviously its not the stole my stereo a month again and now they didn't take anything because the car is empty. but i want to know how they are getting i and how to prevent it. the alarm doesn't work anymore but the loss do and i know i need an alar but how are they getting past the locks when the windows are up and doors are looked?

Db7_terror

They might be using a slim jim door opener or a hangar because integra's are easy to break into. Before i bought mine somebody broke in an tryna jimmy the key hole an set the rear driver window off track

itsferny09

i have viper alarm 5704 and even if someone open my doors while my car is locked and armed the alarm will go off
buy one on amazon

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
Agreed on slim Jim when I recovered my car, the outer panel was pulled back from them using a slim jim

XjoEnX

Either a slim jim or they flexed the upper part of your door above the window with something. I've seen it easily done. Check for any markings there to confirm it.

dlo253

Yeah, unfortunately integras are very easy to get into. Especially g2. That's why u need an alarm with proper sensors, I recommend a pressure sensor. That saved my car once.

kenny19

so i just checked and can't see any marking. and also my clicker doesn't work for the alarm and locks. it will sometimes unlock or lock but not very well. is that an easy fix or should i just get a viper system? and how did they weak in if there are no marks. could they unlock it with a shaved key?

enoch723

Be glad they didnt go at it with a flat head screw driver and break the tumblers in the door lock or the ignition. Major pain in the ass to fix if the car is even there in the morning. Im kind of suprise they didnt try and take your car. Consider yourself lucky bro. But really thee is no way to truely stop a car thief if they want your stuff bad enough

Example: Cousin had a 2001 SI and had spent a little over 600$ dollars on a touch sensative car alarm and getting it installed and everything. It parks right in front of his bedroom window every night and about a year after it got installed he came out to go to work and his entire car alrm system had been pulled out of the car and laid in the parking spot and his car was gone.

All you can really do is slow them down. I suggest making a killswitch for now till you can get a car alarm. I have lost a few hondas to car thiefs. With my G1 I am going to shave the door locks, have a basic car alarm, and dual switch fused killswitch.

Jabes

get a working alarm and swap the handles out for 4 door rear handles without keyholes and then they can't jiggle the locks anymore

EyeKhan

¡AY, CARAMBA!
Razor blades under the door handles. It'd be lame if the thief sues and won. On a serious, I agree, swap out your door handles for rear DB door handles.

My car was stolen by way of a shaved key or an auto jiggler. You can lock/unlock your car with your alarm system. The problem lies when your car battery dies: you'll have to crawl through your trunk.

dlo253

Shaved keyholes don't matter..... slimjim takes less than 10 seconds with these Honda's they used a terrible design.

Jayteg

None of that matters, they can tow your car to their place....if someone wants your car, they'll get it.