Car Care/Detailing Thread

R13

The other asshole
I have one... in my amazon wishlist... as well as about $1200 worth of other car care products and tools I can't afford... :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Soap - Meguiars Gold Class

Wheel cleaner - DUB by Meguiars

Tire shine - Meguiars Endurance gel

And of course, everything was dried with Meguiars Water Magnet.

R13

The other asshole
I think I've asked this before, but I can't remember... How many water magnet towels does it take to dry one vehicle?

alexalex

I'm currently on my second black car ! When black cars are clean they really stand out, especially in winter time. I've become lazy with my detailing as it became time consuming. Now I just handwash and rinse with the garden hose. Sometimes I use professional detailing service (https://autodetailingpro.ca/).

94RS

No fucks given.
You realise we're on a forum for old Hondas, right? If we had the money for a professional detail, we would all be driving something a bit better.

R13

The other asshole
Lemme just spend $75/hr to clean my car when I can spend 1-2 "pro details" worth and buy everything I need to do it myself quick and easy.

Also spraying your car down with a garden hose will fuck the paint up without using proper soap and a drying towel.

94RS

No fucks given.
Lemme just spend $75/hr to clean my car when I can spend 1-2 "pro details" worth and buy everything I need to do it myself quick and easy.

Also spraying your car down with a garden hose will fuck the paint up without using proper soap and a drying towel.

Less than that. Figure the most expensive thing I have, my pressure washer, was around $100.

- clay kit, $15
- compound and polish, $8 each
- wax kit, $15
- Water magnet, $7
- Foam cannon, $20.
- Wheel cleaner, $7.
- wheel brush, $5.
- Pack of microfiber towels, $5.
- Small shop vac, $30 for the one I bought.
- Interior detailer, $4-5.
- wash mitt, $5
- wash soap, $5- 15

Figure about $250 can get you everything needed to get your car shining like mine. A lot of the stuff listed can be used over and over again, and the consumables, you'll still have enough product left to use multiple times.

R13

The other asshole
Even if you get paint correction stuff it'd still only be like $450 after you buy a DA polisher, pads, a backing plate, polishes, compounds, and sealers.

R13

The other asshole
Wonder if this thing is good...

It's the Worx Hydroshot for anyone wondering. Watched a few videos of it and it seems pretty cool for washing cars. It's a low power (75-350psi) cordless power washer that just has a siphon hose you stick in a bucket. Can use distilled water and wash a car with 2-4 gallons of water, has a foam cannon attachment... seems like a really neat tool for washing a car at home.

It's also only $120 for the tool+battery, and $160 I think with all the extra accessories.

Chime in if anyone knows anything about it. I'm considering it over an electric power washer just because it's way less hassle and you have the option of using distilled water.

94RS

No fucks given.
For over $100? :lol: just get the Kärcher if you're gonna be spending that money

The electric pressure washer I had from harbor freight (1600psi I think) had one of those "foam" attachments, and the foam was about the same consistency of soapy water from a bucket.

R13

The other asshole
Like you said though... my big gas powered one would be better for the foam cannon.

We'll see. I do like the fact that I can just use a bucket of water instead of dragging out the water hose.

Plus... awhile back my town had a problem with water lines bursting... their solution? Lower the water pressure. Some days I can't even get the 1500psi pressure washer to work because there's not enough water flow.

94RS

No fucks given.
Haven't washed the SS in about a month due to rain every weekend and now no power because of that skank Irma....

SO... I sprayed it off with the hose, dried with a Water Magnet, sprayed Mirror Brite detailing spray and wiped two micro fibers, then dried again with a different (dry) Water Magnet to get rid of the little bit of dampness and streaks.

Looks washed, right? :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Follow up of that ^

Cleaned the interior today

Dashboard/plastics/boots done with the one on the left, the one in the right was used on the seats/steering wheel/shift knob

R13

The other asshole
Do you have a sunshield or a cover for the slowbalt yet?

If not you need to get one :lol: