Car gets pretty hot when stopped

Resistance92

My car gets hot from time to time when im in park or have my foot on the brakes at a light or something.

I disconnected my rad. fan as it makes a weird screeching sound like its going bad...would this caz it to get so hot? Probably gets 8/10's of the way to the H when stopped but when i start to drive it goes down to a safe level. Is the fan the main problem and is it hard to fix/replace? i disconnected it

Thanks for any info, dont like it gettin that hot when stopped. idk how to go about changing a rad. fan

TheSkygun

well without that fan the only reason it seems to cool down is because the air coming in cools it down. it can be a number of things.

rad. fan
forget the name of the piece but it opens and closes based on the coolant getting too hot
sensor
how are your fluid levels

dlo253

Fix your fan!!! And make sure your radiator is filled up completely. Does your heat go cold while at an idle?

Brockey

Well, if you keep letting it get hot like that your gonna toast your motor! Replace your fan!

dlo253

Epic timing! Lol, fix fan for starters tho. Then may need a new thermostat like stated above. Don't wait til its too late.

Resistance92

Fix your fan!!! And make sure your radiator is filled up completely. Does your heat go cold while at an idle?
Idk how to fix it tho...links? doesnt seem to hard i just unbolt the radiator and pull it straight out and take the fan off adn replace it then bolt it back in? or do i have to like jack the car up and take apart alot of stuff?

and also my heat is hot still while at idle. My coolant is pretty low maybe theres a leak somewhere, ima buy some and fill er up again. Not trying to spend TOO much $ but i want my car to be mechanically sound for my brother

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Idk how to fix it tho...links? doesnt seem to hard i just unbolt the radiator and pull it straight out and take the fan off adn replace it then bolt it back in? or do i have to like jack the car up and take apart alot of stuff?

and also my heat is hot still while at idle. My coolant is pretty low maybe theres a leak somewhere, ima buy some and fill er up again. Not trying to spend TOO much $ but i want my car to be mechanically sound for my brother
o_O Its easy man. Remove the top 2 bolts. Unplug the connector. Pull it up and out. And you can't let stuff like that slide. I am puzzled why you are even asking this question when you have your fan unplugged AND it is low on coolant. Those are fairly key to the cooling system, lol. Take care of the known, obvious issues and go from there.

Resistance92

o_O Its easy man. Remove the top 2 bolts. Unplug the connector. Pull it up and out. And you can't let stuff like that slide. I am puzzled why you are even asking this question when you have your fan unplugged AND it is low on coolant. Those are fairly key to the cooling system, lol. Take care of the known, obvious issues and go from there.
CAZ I LIKE ZE ATTENTION? lol. But okay ill look into it. Its the drivers side fan...idk where to get an exact replacement as i dnt wanna go through the hassle of installing a univ. fan on the radiator itself

princessmeowss

Please buy a manual and learn a little about your car. Hmm maybe go to the auto parts store. You're really crackin me up dude