Car riding rough

2kdb7

I did a compression test a few months ago if I remember it was like 117 119 119 121. I rented a tester it was like $15. The seals should be good I redid it the day before the test along with a valve adjustment and the tune up. I saw a video of a guy doing the timing on YouTube and he said you have to jumper the ecu to time it rite could that be part of the problem?

480codyGSR

could be a clogged cat
X2 my previous GSR did that for that reason, found out only after 500 dollars was spent on about every other possibility. After running cat at night look at the cat if it's not cherry red disregard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheCrimsonStar

So...it was the spark plugs... -_-

I seriously didn't think it was the plugs since it wasn't throwing any codes, but there was something telling me it was the plugs so I bought a new set of NGK plugs and it runs fine now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TheCrimsonStar

So it's still making that putt putt sound every now and then, but it's not as loud or frequent and the struggling to gain speed is gone. Probably has a bunch of crap inside the engine from the bad plug and I gotta wait for the seafoam to clean it out.

TheCrimsonStar

So it's still struggling. I'm gonna try the sea foam trick. Burn alllll that crap out. Lol.

mdtsdca

sorry didnt see that you changed to ngk plugs. I only saw the E3 ones. When replacing parts, go with OEM recommended parts.

Last edited:

TheCrimsonStar

So after telling my mechanic friends and grandfather that I have a k&n air filter they ALL unanimously said "clean your mass airflow sensor." Apparently the oil from the filter contaminates the sensor and you have to clean it every so often? Gonna try that after work.

Nick_C78

Good luck finding the mass air flow sensor bro. They are ALL unanimously wrong. Your car does not have a MAF.

TheCrimsonStar

Good luck finding the mass air flow sensor bro. They are ALL unanimously wrong. Your car does not have a MAF.
Seriously? Then what is the sensor on my intake manifold that says "Sensor MAF"? I'm confused lol

Nick_C78

Theres a TPS, MAP, IACV, IAT sensors on your throttle body and intake manifold. No MAF. Is the one you are looking at on top of your throttle body? If so it is the MAP sensor with a "P" not an "F". Which stands for Manifold Absolute Pressure I believe.

Just curious, are the mechanics you talked to ASE certified?

Last edited: