Celica Vs RSX Type S

jav8or

DC2_Project said:
stock 1/4 mile times have the rsx winning from .4 to .8
i dont know exactly what you are saying here but i am going to venture a guess.
stock quarter mile times for the rsx-s and manual gt-s arent .4 to .8 seconds apart,
well maybe for an 02 and 05 with lower rev limiter.........
but any other year is more than capable of hitting HIGH 14's, just like an rsx-s
there have been celicas that have hit 14.8 with perfect conditions and a good driver, completely stock

sskhimura

jav8or said:
where are you at?
cuz i guarrunte that if you are stock you WILL see nothing but my taillights
im in florida, and have no problem setting honda fanbois straight :D

Aww sucks, I'm in Atlanta Georgia. Well, I'm not dissing the car, but when talking about speed, the Rsx is better. When it comes to handling we all know the celica has the rsx. I read something on clubrsx forums about a suspension kit coming out for the celica and with that, the car was traping similar time to a lot of "high class" cars, and even beating some! But in a straight line, I dont see a celica with just an intake, and exhaust beating a stock 05 type s, and that exhuast is probaly not giving you much hp at all. So mainly an intake. If you did win, you beat the driver, not the car. But "wining is winning, rather you win by an inch or mile" 8) As gay as that sounds I hate saying it, but if it were any half decent driver you woudn't have won, atleast racing in a straight line. :???:

jav8or

sskhimura said:
Aww sucks, I'm in Atlanta Georgia. Well, I'm not dissing the car, but when talking about speed, the Rsx is better. When it comes to handling we all know the celica has the rsx. I read something on clubrsx forums about a suspension kit coming out for the celica and with that, the car was traping similar time to a lot of "high class" cars, and even beating some! But in a straight line, I dont see a celica with just an intake, and exhaust beating a stock 05 type s, and that exhuast is probaly not giving you much hp at all. So mainly an intake. If you did win, you beat the driver, not the car. But "wining is winning, rather you win by an inch or mile" 8) As gay as that sounds I hate saying it, but if it were any half decent driver you woudn't have won, atleast racing in a straight line. :???:
damn wish i was closer to atlanta,
celicas with i/e have a good enough power to wieght ratio to take out a stock 05 rsx-s
secondly exhausts do add power to celicas, contrary to what you may have heard, exhuasts do add substantial power to the 2zz
finally, when i raced the rsx-s, i also had pfc. with my total mods im putting about 180whp to the ground <--i know this cuz i dynoed
in short, an rsx needs to make around 200whp (depending on year) to have the same power to wieght ratio that i have
stock vs. stock though, ill give the nod to the 05 rsx-s

DC2_Project

what mods do uou have to your celica??

stock vs. stock though, ill give the nod to the 05 rsx-s
didnt you just tell me that a stock celica would run with an rsx??

jav8or

DC2_Project said:
what mods do uou have to your celica??

didnt you just tell me that a stock celica would run with an rsx??
injen cold air intake/ trd axel back exhaust/ apexi power fc netting a total of about 180whp and 130wtq on 2500 pound chassis
a celica will be just as quick as an 02-04 rsx-s
and a stock celica will be just as far behind a stock 05 rsx-s, as an 02-04 rsx-s would be

jav8or

DC2_Project said:
which is .4-.8
depending on who you go by the difference could be 0.0 seconds
scc magazine ran a 14.9 in their gt-s so........ take that for what you will
yes i have been to the dyno to find out the numbers :lol:

DC2_Project

jav8or said:
depending on who you go by the difference could be 0.0 seconds
scc magazine ran a 14.9 in their gt-s so........ take that for what you will
:
the only SCC celica ive ever heard of ran a 15.3 which is .5 seconds slower than an 02 type s and .2 slower than an 03 type s
so if you show me where they ran a 14.9 then ok

jav8or

DC2_Project said:
the only SCC celica ive ever heard of ran a 15.3 which is .5 seconds slower than an 02 type s and .2 slower than an 03 type s
so if you show me where they ran a 14.9 then ok
i cant find the link to the site, but there are numerous references on newcelica.org to that particular run
but ill keep looking

jav8or

also note, that besides the numerous ppl who have run sub 15 second quarter mile times in their stock celica
magazines almost always dont go past redline in the vehicle tests
in the celica, the redline is 7800 rpms, but the rev limiter is at 8350 rpms
it is impossible to land on the second cam, which engages at around 6000 rpms, if you shift at 7800 rpms
you must take the 2zz to the rev limit
its kind of wierd that the celica redlines at 7800, but other vehicles with the same engine redline and rev limit higher.............