changing steering wheel

money

i was gonna get a new steering wheel, no airbag, so i was wondering how would i bypass the airbag? so the passenger one would still inflate if anything happens and no airbag light! thankss

Nismor

Okay don't quote me but I think he passenger airbag still works and about the srs light idk cuz mine isn't on but I got it like that with the nrg quick release

BambinoGS

Anti-Ricer
Don't blow your airbag in your face when taking off the steering wheel...just a tip :p

rexpepper123

you dont need to worry about the airbag going off in your face. it needs to be triggered or have some type of electricity to set it off. youll be fine.ive removed and replaced many of them. im not sure if your pass side bag will still work or not but you can simply just take the gauges out and take the bulb out of the srs spot. i had a aftermarket steering wheel and i had the srs light on but after switching dashboards the plugs for the pass side werent the same so i just took the bulb out. no more light!

money

haha thanks man! and do you know a link to how to take the steering wheel off?

Nismor

Yeah dude look up nrg quick release on you tube they have a guy do it and show u how to do it right I'll see if I can get that link

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Yea, you might just need a new srs spindle or splice it since I cut mine installing it. But as far as I know you can.

poordc2

i got the NRG quick release and i love it alot and my srs light is on but it dont bother my cause my steering wheel is small and it blocks the light so its up to you on how you like it