Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Nick_C78

Over the last few days we spent a lot of timing getting the car ready for tune. She started right up and had no check engine lights so we were clear to tune.

Here is a pic of the front end finally done.

Got the car loaded up and ready to head to Church Automotive to be tuned by Daniel.

The car ran extremely well. It exceeded my expectations and even Church himself was impressed by the results. Keep in mind that this is still with Type R cams and pump gas.

Overall the gains were substantial over my last build. After inputting the correction factor the gain was +39hp and +21.6 torque. Daniel said that there may be a little more in the motor but the clutch was slipping so we decided that it was good enough.

Nick_C78

Thanks guys.

Should be solid matt. All forged internals, sleeved, Proper clearances, no oil squirts, all new accessory/support items, all new hardware.

Nick_C78

We went to Buttonwillow this passed weekend. Saturday was super cold and foggy. Our session didn't even start until about 12:15 due to fog delay. 2 laps in I had a spin. It wasn't so much as a scary spin as it was embarrassing. I actually spun twice in the same lap. I was really out of practice and underestimated the cold temperatures.

Here is the video of the 2 back to back spins. Really embarrassed about how I drove in this clip, but not ashamed to admit mistakes. Maybe people can learn from it. I sure did. Tom pointed out that at the apex I sort of turn in sharper which is probably upsetting the car. That slight movement combined with my suspension set up and old cold tires is what made me lose it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJc70e6_oZY&feature=youtu.be

I made the rear sway bar softer, adjusted dampening setting and tire pressures to make it understeer more and the car felt a lot safer. I wrapped up Saturday with dialing the car so that I was comfortable driving it.

Sunday was a new day. Still mad about the day before but ready to make things happen. Again the fog made us lose a session. During the first session I got to feel the car out more, but there was a lot of traffic so I came back in early. The next session felt really good, but the brake pedal started sinking to the floor. The old tires and now the brakes were really killing my confidence. I decided to park it again and assess the day. I was just going to call it a weekend, but decided to just drop tire pressures more and see what happens. The car felt really good, but the brake pedal kept sinking to the floor almost every turn. The result though was still a PB. Not the one I wanted, but I will take it.

Here is a video of the PB lap. You can tell I was coasting a lot and cruising up to high speed turns. I am out of practice and lacked confidence in myself, the tires, and the brakes. Going in to sunset you can see how little the brakes slowed me down which made me panic on my downshift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6RY3wMpti8&feature=youtu.be

Something took a bite out of my tire as well. There is a sizeable amount of tread left on the tires, but they are hard as hockey pucks(Not an excuse). Probably could have gotten a 2:03 if I wasn't scared of my brakes, but theres always next time.