Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Nick_C78

A few weeks ago we went out to Buttonwillow for a two day event with Speedventures. Day 1 was 13cw and Day 2 was 13ccw for HFF Challenge.

Started the weekend off by loading up a Uhaul.

I did not do well the first day. Started off with a new pb of 2:05.076. That was a good start to shake off the rust, but it ended up being the best of the day. I had much faster laps, but could not lock them in for various reasons.

Here is a video of one of those laps that I choked on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOgoZNmHyVI

Day 2 was a lot more fun. Buttonwillow 13 ccw is a really fun configuration and I hope it gets hosted more often. It is much more technical and you can carry a lot more speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-wXDAlEZz0

The last session of the day I killed my tires. I was going wide open through riverside into bus stop and just completely missed my braking point. I slide on to an unused part of the track and stayed on the brakes in order to avoid going on to the front stretch.

I was going to just order two new RS3 to replace the two that got destroyed, but as it turns out Hankook will be sold out for the year. It made the choice to go to rcomps a lot easier.

Getting to finally try out the NT01 is exciting. It also takes away the street tire umbrella that is comfortable to hide under.

Oil temperatures were still an issue. Prior to adding the oil cooler the temps would reach 280 almost instantly on lap 1. Now I can do 4 laps before it reaches red. While that is a massive improvement it is still not enough. Rather than go for a larger oil cooler it was decided to just try to improve the air flow.

October 17th will be the next event. Hopefully the new duct work/cooling plates combined with the lower air temps will allow for longer sessions and no red lights on the oil gauge.

Watching any of my videos it is evident that my current camera setup sucks. The videos shake a lot and even with stabilization software it is pretty bad. After seeing what Tom Attack and Katman use it was a no brainer to pick up the i/o port camera mount.

Finally here are some photos stolen from the HFF Challenge facebook page from the last event.

R13

The other asshole
If I know him: Brad Penn oil.

This car's getting more and more serious. I remember the days of 94-97 front ends and rotas. :lol:

Nick_C78

Sleeved blocks are known for being hotter. The reason is because they have a solid steel sleeve, vs the thin steel surrounded by an aluminum jacket.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Sleeved blocks are known for being hotter. The reason is because they have a solid steel sleeve, vs the thin steel surrounded by an aluminum jacket.
Oh yeah forgot u had a sleeved block. If u can try and run a bigger one like you said. That maybe the only way

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Nick_C78

I am going to see how this works. Previously I had gaping holes everywhere. I am fairly confident this will increase air flow tremendously. More air=more cooling.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Nice ducting. Cant wait to hear if it fixes the oil issue. The pics looks nice and liking the gnarly flat spot. Good luck on the 17th.

Nick_C78

He probably will, when he realizes that the duct causes drag :lol:
Not really. More like guides it to the radiator. We are talking small amounts of drag. Dylan is right too, if anything its beneficial downforce. But its also nothing compared to a splitter. Something to think about.