Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Nick_C78

Being able to bolt it up was a huge reason why I ended up doing the entire front piece. None of the threads I read did the whole front. Always either tbar or tbar and rad support. The way I did it requires no measuring for perfect fitment.

Yessir, those bits worked amazing for spot welds.

Last edited:

Nick_C78

Thanks Dylan.

Today a friend of mine asked if I would be willing to trade my OEM hood for the one on his car. It was a pleasant surprise when he showed me what he had.

A brand new VIS Carbon Fiber JDM Hood

R13

The other asshole
Ohhh niiiice! :thumbs up

Y'know... it's funny, All I ever wanted was a black jdm front GSR/ITR with a cf hood.

Nick_C78

Well, I am not sure how long mine will be black.

There was a lot of progress made yesterday on the front end. My brother welded everything up and we got the panels test fitted.

The fitment looked good. Just waiting on an order of hardware from Honda and the front will be complete.

Nick_C78

The DC2 is almost ready to come off the jackstands and make its way to the tuner. We just need to plug everything in, fill up fluids, install the body panels again and it is ready to roll.

Here is a pic that was uploaded to instagram that shows the head and block set ups.

The dust also needs to be cleaned up, but getting it running is first priority.

Nick_C78

Thanks matt.

Lol spitty. I think carpet and other things are going to stay until I paint the interior. I am weird like that.

Nick_C78

Over the last few days we spent a lot of timing getting the car ready for tune. She started right up and had no check engine lights so we were clear to tune.

Here is a pic of the front end finally done.

Got the car loaded up and ready to head to Church Automotive to be tuned by Daniel.

The car ran extremely well. It exceeded my expectations and even Church himself was impressed by the results. Keep in mind that this is still with Type R cams and pump gas.

Overall the gains were substantial over my last build. After inputting the correction factor the gain was +39hp and +21.6 torque.