Check out my ride

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
DailyDrivenDB8 said:
i loved how you kept your cruise control during the wire tuck. did you keep the A/C? any write ups? the teg looks good :thumbup:
Pretty sure he did, looks like part of it is still there.
Teg looks good so far, any shots with the motor in there?

Disco

I did keep the ac cause im in FL it gets freakin hot here. Whats a write up? Thanx for all the comments keep em commin im lookin fer ideas

Disco

Well my bearings just showed up on my doorstep so its time to get crackin. Now I can finish my motor.

Disco

heres and update

Heres what we started with yesterday at 1:00 pm

we removed the flywheel and clutch. Then the crank pulley and the oil pump
Then we took off all the main caps and rod caps making sure to note how they came off

everyhthing must stay very clean
heres what the underside of a forged internal block looks like w 500 miles on it

so beautiful. time to use the assembly lube on the bearing halves

and some on the new crank. can you see the difference in the cranks? look at the counterweights

heres the bad crank

heres the good crank

and a bad bearing ran on low oil pressure

I replaced all the bearings with ACL race bearings. Now we tourqued all the bolts down to honda and eagle specs making sure to use tons of lube on the bearing halves and all the bolts. If you dont lube the bolts you wont get an accurate tourqe reading. Here it is all assembled and ready to go in the car

another pic

here we are carefully lowering the motor back in place. At an angle so the tranny will slide under the frame

Once it slides under the ac lines and frame we mounted the driver side mount and let the chains off the driver side then we adjusted the chain on the tranny side and hoisted it up into its mount.

here it is in the car and mounnted up. Just about done now. We still had to put a few parts and pieces bac in and fill the fluids etc. Easy stuff right.

We had a well running car at 2:00am feedback welcome

Last edited:

integra4life29

Im in a band DO ME!!!!!
wow thats a nice job, im installing my motor as well, need to finish up, Ill prolly do a minor tuck as well, also a write up is stating strp by step how you did something, like your wire tuck. I would also love to know how you got rid of your ABS cu i wanna get rid of mine, since it dont work. Also, are you running with no lower timing belt cover???

nautica_t

looks pretty good.

i'm on the boat about wire tucks.

Disco

I still have the abs its in the pics on the passenger side front.?.? I did mention wanting to get rid of it but I never got the parts. The wire tuck was pretty easy just time consuming if its done right. We did some more tucking last night during the build. I see alot more stuff that I can move so ill keep updating. The new Import turner mag has a pretty good write up un tucking. The only real info I got was to drill the hole in the side of the engine bay after removing the driver fender. And run the wires in that hollow area that your fender covers. Other than that you just figure out what has to be done. Solder everything and use heat shrink. No tape and plugs

Yes Im running the lower timing cover cause its got the reference points for TDC. And theres no real reason not to. Its not really that visible and it does protect the belt.

More completed pic from last night

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Looks great man, nice motor build you got there. So where in florida are you located if you don't mind me asking? Also is that the LS/VTEC motor you installed, and if so did you run the oil lines and fittings.

Last edited:

Disco

Yes the motor is an LS vtec. I ran the lines with a golden eagle kit. the wheels are brand new there Motegi RT5's. Im in FWB FL Near panama city and pensacola. Future plans are to keep cleaning it up. Add more suspension. And build a hatch.