CI Official DB2 Squad Thread

CokeSlap

Looks pretty good! What are your plans for the old girl? Also needs more pictures!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Squishmitten

Looks pretty good! What are your plans for the old girl? Also needs more pictures!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Thanks! Current plans are to get it running right. It had a timing issue when I got it, and upon further inspection it had 16 bent valves. :cussing: Valvetrain is currently being upgraded now, just waitng on the shop. I'm trying to keep it as factory as possible. Its an AZ car, so it's got the typical sunfade. Plans are to paint it, get some good suspension (probably AMR) and daily it until I can get it on the track.

hondagirl16

Jeeez I haven't been on here in a while.
Honestly don't remember the last pic I posted of my DB. Anywho.
Here she sits, a whole year later from when I bought 'er.
beautiful as always.

hondagirl16

So as far as mods go, she's went from completely BONE stock (stock tape player, wtf) to somewhat, tasteful modification.
-HKS hi-power
-H&R race springs (stock struts, still. changing out as soon as I can)
-fujita intake
- skunk2 short shift w/ type R knob
+ LS mesh and amber turns and markers. JDM fenders repeaters on the way, as soon as I find reliable people to cut the fenders!!!

Squishmitten

FINALLY GOT MINE RUNNING!!!
Currently breaking in the engine, that heavy oil takes FOREVER to warm up.

Headed back to the shop Wednsday to fix some small issues (bad knock sensor, lower timing cover, etc.) and also to delete ABS. I found out I have a leaky ABS module, and apparently in the DB2 this module is linked directly with the master cylinder? Leaky ABS means little to no brake pressure, so I get to learn how to remove ABS and relocate the prop valve and flare some lines for it. Should be interesting.

^^That red DB2 is stupid clean!

Last edited:

Squishmitten

Got my car back from the shop about a week ago. I got to drive it finally! First stop, 7am skatepark adventure! Ignore the retarded look on my face, I hadn't slept.

Got to spend some time cleaning out the interior the other day. Found a bunch of bad connectors and open wires (car was previously wired with amp/subs) that needed to be removed, and also quite a few issues in the bay. I need to order the H4 conversion harness for the JDM headlights, and all of the corner light bulbs/connectors are pretty beaten.

Car has some cracks in the paint on the rear quarter.

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae207/kmilholin/OEMGoodness_zps14152c3d.jpg

^^Old School Field of Japan SFC/VTEC Controller. It's pretty cool, but I'm not sure if this is helping/hindering anything. I located a manual for this today and as soon as I can, will be making sure that all fuel settings are neutral. Please disregard the gay Razo pedals, but feel free to bash on me being lazy, and not wanting to deal with it that day.

I have quite a bit more to do. I just put a new knock sensor in and I'm finally not throwing any codes, but I still have some sputtering/misfire issues. The engine is running really rich (hopefully some tinkering w/ the SFC will help, but I need some Hondata in my life!) I have Skunk2 Tuner 2 cams with upgraded valvetrain....and stock ECU. I'm not local to Phoenix, but based on some of the reading I've been doing, LoCash is the place to be for tuning? Let me know if you have any suggestions!

EDIT: Last comment was directed to my AZHT network. If anyone's local though, let me know!

jbrown97ls

Unfortunately there's a limited 2nd gen population on the site. Looks good though! I've always wanted and Aztec green db2

dlo253

Hahaha all good man. At first I thought it was a black canadian gsr. Until I saw the seats and 3rd brake light haha.

acura_madness

hey guys here are some pics of my db2 frost white bought her as a shell and started to put work into it. The bad is that it has rust cancer. Have pictures but never posted it up.