civic/integra brake swap for 4 discs and more contact surface?

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
ok.. I have a 93 civic lx with a b18b1 (Ls) engine. I want to put in sway bars and also get all 4 disk brakes for the extra stopping power.. in trying to research this I have learned;
- this is probly the right gen integra to pull from.
- I may need the proportioning valve.
- I need rotors and calipers..
- may need spindle/steering knuckle?
- may need master cylinder/booster.
- for sway bars i'll need control arms (pre-tapped for sway bars) but dont know which are compatible.
- need a different e-brake cable but i dont know which.
- I think all the lines are good?
- this swap is not often done (at least documented online) to lower model civics because all i can find are write ups on the EX which is, as I understand, completely different.

Anyone who has done this or knows any of this or even where (specifically) to find this info, your input is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
YOU NEED:
trailing arms from an integra and everything that connects to it (calipers, rotors, etc) they can also be ABS or non ABS, the abs system is just a 10mm sensor.
40/40 proportioning valve i think you need a booster and master cyl as well, the civics and del sols that i know with the swap have them.
i would also get stainless steel brake lines as well

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
are my current lines good enough? the right size? and the 40/40 proportioning valve-does it need to be new? which car comes standard with it? Im guessing the donor car?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Just get the valve from the integra and get brake lines from the integra Idk if disks come with it

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
Ok thanks! (rep for you) one last thing though.. Im headed out now... and have never taken off the rear trailing arms of a car before... but i've don the front... got 14mm and 17mm and a breaker bar and brake line wrenches... anything else i'll need? maybe 10mm to get at the proportioning valve... will the teg booster bolt on? I heared that was mostly pedal height and not so much performance.

Last edited:

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
the brake cables are shorter but the still work

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
Ok got the donor control arms today..
1; do i need the upper ball joint arm? they seem to be the same...
2; is an automatics front sway bar any different than the manuals? the back looks the same...
3; do I need the teggys brake lines?? I plan to get stainless lines in the future but need to do this and get an alignment bc im killing my tires till I do (already lowered on skunk2's a week ago).
4;also the donor teg had tokico fully adjustable coil overs. the rear right one was blown but the others look good. Is there any benefit to only using front ones? Is it safe to use used coil overs?

Thanks for the help so far! almost there!!

asap good answers will be much appreciated (and repped)

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Ok got the donor control arms today..
1; do i need the upper ball joint arm? they seem to be the same...
they are
2; is an automatics front sway bar any different than the manuals? the back looks the same...
not on the integra no. 22mm on ls models 24 on gsr 98+ models are all 24mm front
3; do I need the teggys brake lines?? I plan to get stainless lines in the future but need to do this and get an alignment bc im killing my tires till I do (already lowered on skunk2's a week ago).
not sure double check on t he stainless line part numbers
4;also the donor teg had tokico fully adjustable coil overs. the rear right one was blown but the others look good. Is there any benefit to only using front ones? Is it safe to use used coil overs?
no there is not

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
Thanks! answered all my questions! now I can get this done!

Opinions on tokico? I just got some of the blues (shocks) to go with my skunk2 lowering springs...

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
so they wont last? I thought they had less travel so they wouldn't wear out as quickly as stock... :(

oh they are the hp blues...

"Part Number: 1x HU3456- 1x HU3457- 2x HU3713X2 Type: HP Shocks Weight: 17.25 lbs
Controls Excess Chassis Motion, keeps tire on road surface
Made From CNC machined from aircraft quality AL7075 aluminum
Dual-tube design features a hardened, chromeplated and super finished ground shaft
Precision valving resulting in added durability, reliability, long seal life, and smooth operation
HP Shocks are designed with shorter shock bodies and short strokes"

Last edited: