Club integra's detailing thread

Cman46290

I use Mothers Mag/Aluminum polish on wheels and metal... its AMAZING... its even good for polishing your yellow and dull headlights.

Also i like and use Mequires products... they make a good clay bar kit... with a decent quick detailer that comes with it....

And for wax... right now im using a turtle platinum ultra gloss liquid wax... and it gives a great shine...(and actually i used this on my head and tail lights last week... and it made them look effin amazing)

-Corey

j13

Keep It Clean
I use Mothers Mag/Aluminum polish on wheels and metal... its AMAZING... its even good for polishing your yellow and dull headlights.
+1

Agreed, a Polishing Compound works wonders for a lot of different stuff around the car.

When you use a Polishing Compound on lights and such, remember you're stripping it to bare plastic and taking off a coat of plastic, so its good to use a thick wax after polishing lights. (Use a non spray on wax) and always wipe off every bit of wax when finished.

mirrorimg

I dont think a bump is necessary. If a thread is something that will last, it will be commented in by other members. If not, it will die, or you will be bumping so much that it may as well die.

Pretty sure I had a post in the other thread, but heres an updated picture of the products I use most often now.

Porter Cable 7424XP (pads not pictured)

Meguiars:
#83 Dual action Cleaner/Polish
#7 Show Car Glaze
#21 Synthetic Sealant
#26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax
#34 Final Inspection quick detailer

Stoners Invisible Glass
Vinylex interior protectant
Simple Green

Last edited:

JGvtec

I dis like spray on wax. i like paste more. But if its a carnauba wax. Its still the same.

goofygamer

meguiars gold class wash, meguiars tire foam, TurtleWax to clean my dashboards and panels, meguiars tech wax 2.0, andMiracle's invisible glass.

I was wonder, what is the spray on wax and a quick detailer used for? I might want to try it, but I don't know what it's for? When do you usually apply it on? Which one provides the best result? Thanks!

j13

Keep It Clean
meguiars gold class wash, meguiars tire foam, TurtleWax to clean my dashboards and panels, meguiars tech wax 2.0, andMiracle's invisible glass.

I was wonder, what is the spray on wax and a quick detailer used for? I might want to try it, but I don't know what it's for? When do you usually apply it on? Which one provides the best result? Thanks!
Quick detailer is just watered down wax, sold for a high price. It dries hella fast and it can become messy, is applied in a rush.

I dis like spray on wax. i like paste more. But if its a carnauba wax. Its still the same.
Yeah I'm disliking spray on wax also, when I have to wax a small part of my cars body, spray it on a micro, wipe on, let sit, kinda "polish" off. Work is done..for the small parts.

For doors, hood, roof ect..I SPRAY it on the car and it flies everywhere, windows, trim, lights, windows..becomes a hassle. My spray on wax is in the trash until I get some good liquid wax.

I use liquid wax. Smaller bottle on top of the box.
I think liquid is the way to go also.

j13

Keep It Clean
What's up with people using Dawn dish washing soap? Some people use it with no problems, most hate the idea