Club integra's detailing thread

JGvtec

What's up with people using Dawn dish washing soap? Some people use it with no problems, most hate the idea
The dish soap breaks down dirt and grease. I have never used it while washing my car, But it gets your windows really clean if there are bugs on them.

mirrorimg

Dish soap is a thing of the past. Its very aggressive and will take all of the oils off of your car, leaving no protection on top of the clear coat. If you use it, you MUST wax or seal it. I dont recommend using dishsoap simply because if it being such an aggressive soap.

kuro300

LTDI racing
I when im not a driver I used to be detailer lol
three best bo car is good / mothers / meguiars

sylvaner01

Hey guys, I purchased my teggy 6 months ago and I noticed the rear panels were not as shiny as the front pannels, it was actually noticeable, also it seems the spoiler is completely dull, with a normal good paint job you can see the reflection of yourself, but with different pannels on my car you cannot. This leads me to belive my poor teggy was in a crash a while back.

I am trying to keep my teggy stock, restoring it back to new condition and one of the things I have to do is get the paint job looking new again.
What are the steps to get dull paint as good and as shiny as new?

Thanks heaps!

8-bit

do what now?
i use dish soap to clean the rims. takes that brake dust off good.

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Seems like I wont be using dawn anymore! :/ didnt know It did that! Will be polishing and waxing very soon! And hopefully will spend under 50 for everything...

JGvtec

Seems like I wont be using dawn anymore! :/ didnt know It did that! Will be polishing and waxing very soon! And hopefully will spend under 50 for everything...
Yea, dawn is very powerful. If you use it make sure you wax you car after.

BeatBox

Real Good!
usually just wash it at the Free car wash :)

my truck on the other hand was buffed and polished by my friend that does this for a living(does $500k+ RV's) back in june, since then it hasnt seen any kind of soap or anything, just spray water to get the built up dust and dry.

the teg hopefully will be the same way after i get it painted til then drive thru car wash FTW

JGvtec

usually just wash it at the Free car wash :)

my truck on the other hand was buffed and polished by my friend that does this for a living(does $500k+ RV's) back in june, since then it hasnt seen any kind of soap or anything, just spray water to get the built up dust and dry.

the teg hopefully will be the same way after i get it painted til then drive thru car wash FTW
Your so cool with your free car wash code. :roll: :lol:

iRide Integras

:/ I wasn't aware that dawn was so bad for your car. I just cleaned my teggy with it Saturday, I was about to wax it but my friends pulled up and we went skating lol. Thanks for the info, ill be sure to use real cleaning products next time.

JGvtec

Hey guys so i recently washed and waxed off 5 years of dirt and dust of the Corvette. Figure id share.
So this is what it looked like with everything on it.

Cleaned the inside with simple green and vacuumed rugs. then used a leather cleaner on seats.

Also did the door panels

I did the 3 stage wax. here is how it came out.

Dont mind the wrong date on the camera. i changed it. :D