clutch slipping problem

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
If you feel comfortable claiming a bad job on their behalf, then absolutely do it. Might be best to bring your dad with you, have him do the talking so that you can learn how to handle these situations.

Rich-PMS

You need to go to a new shop!

Any shop will have a flywheel resurfaced!

I have a flywheel and clutch that's slightly used (oem Honda) with plenty of life left

80$ shipped takes it

fchantham

i went up to the shop and they said the flywheel has a hair line crack so they can't see it with bare eyes and they are still going to charge me to put it on the same price as what i paid last time x.x They said when the flywheel gets hot metal expands causeing something to be bigger? and that cause slipping? the other guy at the shop thinks its my transmission so i don't know what to do? should i just do the flywheel and then if it still does it change the tranny? i notice something if i turn on the heat for the inside air only it doesn't slip as much? its weird also if i don't turn on the a/c it doesn't slip or i haven't notice like usual isn't that weird? oh and they also said they only need to look at the flywheel to determine it needs to be resurfaced or not is that true?

Last edited:

Rx7driver4Life

Sounds to me like your clutch is not fully engaging. While its cold the clutch grabs, but as you drive it and its spinning when it should be stationary causes it to over heat and loose grip. You mentioned your car smells bad, could be the clutch burning. I would not take it to that shop IMO. A hairline crack on the flywheel would not cause the condition described above.

oil is leaking just a lil bit..
Could cause the clutch to get contaminated with oil and cause slippage.

brake isn't working right it touches the floor sometime it doesn't stop unless i pump it..
I would fix this right away. You are just an accident waiting to happen. Stop driving this car before your hurt your self or you hurt someone else.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Go to atleast 3 different shops to get quotes and ask your friends where they go. Find a good shop and stay with them.

fchantham

I went to school for an a class meeting cause i'm going to attend uti on the 31 i talked to the teacher that teaches about transmissions he said it can't be the fly wheel nor the transmission it has to be in within the clutch and pressure plate he couldn't look at my car or drive but i explained my situation but he seemed really sure that it wasn't the flywheel and the transmission. he said something about if the flywheel had a hairline crack it would just skip or pop i didn't really understand. i'm going back to school tomorrow and ask again cause i'm pretty sure he is right. i really want to take it back and let them fix it or my money back since it still doing the same thing.
i kinda notice something today i was driving today with out the a/c on and he didn't slip for a long and i was driving around for 2 hrs(usually it slips within 15-20 min of driving) but then when later on today around 4 or 5 oclock when texas weather gets hot as hell it still slips but i'm thinking i need to check my if my freon because i notice its not get colder each day and now its not cold at all.. could this freon leak on my tranny and cause it to slip? and maybe my oil cause it to sleep later on the day? or is this to far fetch and i'm stressing out over this problem
and could the transmission be messed up to cause this sort of problem? cause thats what the other guy said at the shop he thought the guy that said the flywheel was bad is wrong. i'll talk to the teacher for sure again about tell about my experience with the freon

Last edited:

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
We already told you what the professor said... The A/C should have nothing to do with the slipping problem. Its no longer called Freon, that was R-12 pre-1990's, its now r-134a and a new version of it is coming online in the coming years. Like I already said, you need to take it to a trusted mechanic, someone your friends vouche for, or go online and do some research, many people leave reviews on Maps.Google.Com, just type in the name of the company and see if someone reviewed it. The skipping/popping he is talking about means that it would grab,slip,grab,slip and youd feel it bouncing/jerking as your drove. Its something between your clutch pedal and the clutch disc assembly.