Convertible conversion

wobet

RS SPECIAL EDITION? :o
So I have seen it done with many cars, only once on a integra. I have decided for sure, that when all my maintance is up to snuff, im doing this conversion. but should i do a full top or just above the doors like porsche?

So I have seen it done with many cars, only once on a integra. I have decided for sure, that when all my maintance is up to snuff, im doing this conversion. but should i do a full top or just above the doors like porsche?
The "just above the doors",as you put it, is called a targa top.
There are two Hondas that I know of off the top of my head that have that feature.
There is a reason the Integra isn't one of them.
Targa top or soft top Integra is face palm worthy.

thats a del sol with an integra front.
You are correct.

Think about the chassis rigidity you'll lose by cutting the top off the car. Not to mention its not safe in a crash. I doubt you're going to re-engineer the chassis bracing to compensate for the missing roof...

wobet

RS SPECIAL EDITION? :o
ya i know its a de sol, its do able, i have no problem putting all the time into making a teg a convert, its not the fact the car wont be on the road for a while, its me making it one of a kind. all these people make there integras decked out jdm style and they all are sick, but there is less and less originality. i sure would do all the work to make it rigid enough to handle it.

ya i know its a de sol, its do able, i have no problem putting all the time into making a teg a convert, its not the fact the car wont be on the road for a while, its me making it one of a kind. all these people make there integras decked out jdm style and they all are sick, but there is less and less originality. i sure would do all the work to make it rigid enough to handle it.
Well good luck then.
I hope you have access to a CNC machine, a welder, and a reciprocating saw.
I still think a convertible Teg is a stupid project.