Convertible conversion

EklipzeR

StOnErZ iNc
holly shyt that looks sick...photoshop or not I wouldn't know which to pick. T top, convertible or the original.
I guess we have plenty of choices.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
alrighttttt guys. lol i see there is alot of hating on the convertable. I should of said targa top from the start anyways because thats more of what im into. I know its possible, and might cost alot of money. I am not worried about performance, my car is reliable and its not hitting the tracks anytime soon. Thank you everyone who is respecting my idea, and everyone who are not being assholes, the rest of you guys.... well you probably don't have your own opinion about alot of things becasue your all about "trends"... which is fine too, do the trendy shit and stand out less. but if i saw a tegra with convertable or targa top, or a hood that was cut in the center and opened like a womens best feature, or a trunk that went straight up on hydrolic pumps and the push of a button, I would be impressed. How many people are even willing to do shit like that to there own car.. The difference between rice and ballin shit is CANADIAN TIRE.... ricers buy stickers and large asshole fart cans instead of going for mugen or spoon or jdm quality parts. and then they try and race you thinking there car is the shit because they put a "Type r" sticker on a automatic RS.... look at this idea as a starting point for a one of a kind car, not some wanna be driver...im going to start a new thread "fast and the furious vs rice" because everyone knows the cars in those movies are all TOP KNOTCH and not rice...and they're the ones making covers to magazines.. performance and originality guys... not just trends and power...
Oiy...

First of all, the cars in F&F were all stock cars with only visual effects for the movie's sake. A few were modified for stunts, but that's about it. Later movies (Tokyo Drift, and F&F #4) did have functional cars due to the nature of the driving/stunts involved. They made the magazines twelve years ago, largely de-legitimizing our scene in the process. Thus the reason why many of us who are into true Import Tuning, engineering, and performance shy away from the ricer mentality; USDM or JDM rice.

Secondly, (referring to the bold text) I wouldn't be impressed. Waste of time, weight, functionality. You could buy a few sets of tires and get in some excellent practice on the touge or the circuit track for the time and money it would cost to do something like that.

OP, at the end of the day you should do what you want to do. If you want to make your car a convertible, then do it. But do it right - make it functional. Don't go looking for approval though; if you are then that is the true definition of rice. The majority of people on this forum are functionality-oriented and will not agree with what you are doing, me being one of those people. If by some divine intervention you pull this off and keep the car structurally sound, I will give you props. Until then, good luck :thumbs up

Last edited:

DB7xsjado

Old Skool
:roll: Insert face palm here....agian...
If the engineers at Honda thought that the Integra should have a targa top, I'm sure there would be a special addition Integra Targa top. Apparently you're going to out engineer the boys across the water and make it work...I just want pics of it before you drive it and shit rips all to hell.
BTW, the Eclipse in the first F&F was a POS GS with stickers and a tall wing. It wasn't even a real GST.
LOL yup I saw the eclipse and the red rx7 in ATL nopi nationals in 2002..they both looked like shit

heykosal

Angkorian
http://www.kris.1000lecie.pl/delsolpics2/2689170.jpeg

not even man, that teg in the link is pretty decent looking
:smackself:
Think about the chassis rigidity you'll lose by cutting the top off the car. Not to mention its not safe in a crash. I doubt you're going to re-engineer the chassis bracing to compensate for the missing roof...
Exactly.
Nice altezza tail lights:slap:
PWNED!
alrighttttt guys. lol i see there is alot of hating on the convertable. I should of said targa top from the start anyways because thats more of what im into. I know its possible, and might cost alot of money. I am not worried about performance, my car is reliable and its not hitting the tracks anytime soon. Thank you everyone who is respecting my idea, and everyone who are not being assholes, the rest of you guys.... well you probably don't have your own opinion about alot of things becasue your all about "trends"... which is fine too, do the trendy shit and stand out less. but if i saw a tegra with convertable or targa top, or a hood that was cut in the center and opened like a womens best feature, or a trunk that went straight up on hydrolic pumps and the push of a button, I would be impressed. How many people are even willing to do shit like that to there own car.. The difference between rice and ballin shit is CANADIAN TIRE.... ricers buy stickers and large asshole fart cans instead of going for mugen or spoon or jdm quality parts. and then they try and race you thinking there car is the shit because they put a "Type r" sticker on a automatic RS.... look at this idea as a starting point for a one of a kind car, not some wanna be driver...im going to start a new thread "fast and the furious vs rice" because everyone knows the cars in those movies are all TOP KNOTCH and not rice...and they're the ones making covers to magazines.. performance and originality guys... not just trends and power...
wow you're like the epitome of ricer...

mirrorimg

Replace the body's normal support (The actual body itself) with bracing out of tubes, and you have your damn structural rigidity problem.

Did no one even think of that? Come on guys, if hes going to cut half of the car off, hes going to replace it with something (or else he will find out the hard way how a car folds in half)

If you're heart set on doing it, do it. Coy gave you the potential of what it could look like on the outside (The inside is going to be different, you are going to lose functionality of the rear seat because of the bracing that will be needed. Maybe even part of the trunk)

I dont know about the windshield support. And you're definitely going to need to run some tubing across the inside of the door and climb over it every time you get in.

Replace the body's normal support (The actual body itself) with bracing out of tubes, and you have your damn structural rigidity problem.

Did no one even think of that? Come on guys, if hes going to cut half of the car off, hes going to replace it with something (or else he will find out the hard way how a car folds in half)

If you're heart set on doing it, do it. Coy gave you the potential of what it could look like on the outside (The inside is going to be different, you are going to lose functionality of the rear seat because of the bracing that will be needed. Maybe even part of the trunk)

I dont know about the windshield support. And you're definitely going to need to run some tubing across the inside of the door and climb over it every time you get in.
Once he does that, what about the added weight? I guess he's going to re-balance the weight as well?

This is the long story short...If he wants to make his Integra a targa top, I really don't give a fuck. Ricers do their thing regardless.
However, I will not hold back my urge to laugh and yell, " I fucking told you so" like a pissy 8th grader when he ruins the car in doing so. There is a reason those guys at Honda, who get paid 6 figure salaries(in US Dollar), didn't make a targa top Integra.

94dc4

My name matches again lol
regular top>targa>pile of shit>convertible.
X2. What's the point of having a convertible teg anyway? I guess this guy doesn't have a sunroof. When I open the sunroof and let down the windows it feels like I'm just surrounded by a roll cage anyway lol