Cpeehler7 Build/Race Thread

Nick_C78

You get used to it. I have had my fair share of issues at the track too. You just have to brush it off and better luck next time.

cpeehler7

Banned
So I was randomly browsing craigslist last night, and I found 4 Direzza ZIIs in my size for sale. 2 of them were plugged unfortunately, but the other 2 are in great shape. 500 miles on them, for sale $175. Going to pick them up tomorrow hopefully. Works out well, because I ruined my two front tires being an idiot with a semi bad alignment, and learning to not plow through understeer...

Even if the two plugged tires aren't good, it's still cheaper than buying 2 new tires. So I figure I'll gamble on them and assume the plugs will hold.

For the price, I think it's worth it, especially considering I have two worn out tires... I'll have some backups. Now I just need to sell my old Comp-2s to make room for the ZIIs...

cpeehler7

Banned
As long as they're not plugged on the sidewall it'll be fine.
They should be good. Worst case scenario I get 3 tires out of the deal with a good amount of tread. The one with 2 punctures may be iffy, but still 2 ZIIs would cost about $250 shipped, so for $175 I'll end up on top either way.

Nick_C78

I don't think autocross heats up tires hot enough to melt a plug. You should be fine. I would run those bitches until they cord.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I don't think autocross heats up tires hot enough to melt a plug. You should be fine. I would run those b****es until they cord.
yup, there is only 4 runs and each run lasts 40-50 second with 10-15 min down times between each run.

cpeehler7

Banned
I don't think autocross heats up tires hot enough to melt a plug. You should be fine. I would run those b****es until they cord.
That's the plan. I've kind of messed up two of my tires by both an off alignment (too much toe out), and being a dumb ass plowing through understeer for a couple races. So they're probably half tread, while my rears are like 90% tread lol. I figure if I buy these ZIIs I'll have tires for another couple seasons.

Hell if only 2 of them are good, it's still cheaper than buying new by quite a bit. I paid something like $530 give or take from tire rack for them. Guy seems pretty cool, works at a real nice European car dealer that I've driven by quite a few times.

Hell, if I ever need money, I could sell them on an autocross board for a profit most likely. But I'm pretty sure I'll use them.

cpeehler7

Banned
Tires look great. Two tires punctured/plugged, one each both in the tread. The tires have about 500 miles on them, the guy ran them on a mid 70s Fiat Spyder, so it they have next to no wear. The car weighs next to nothing haha. I'm pumped at the deal, I should have tires for the next 2-3 seasons now. If I ever need cash, I'm sure I can sell 2 of them and break even.