DA 90 Integra Help

CN7357

So I've searched around and I'm having a hard time finding the right ECU Ill need. I've got a 90 integra with a B18A1 non-vtec motor. When I got the car it was an automatic so of course I swapped it took a S1 5-speed manual transmission. The guy we bought the transmission from said he had the ECU needed for my car as a 5-speed but when I plugged it in and tried to start it, it wouldn't start up so i tried plugging my automatic ECU back in and it started right up. The only problem is that it has a idle problem like it will rev up to 1500 rpm and then shoot down to 500 rpm and then back up to 1500 and then back down to 500 up and down, up and down, up and down and it does that pretty fast and just non stop so like I'll pull up to a stop light and put it in nuetral it just gets so annoying what do y'all think about that, what do yall suggest I do? Also Ive found a turbo kit online that will fit my car and remember my car is non-vtec and the compression is really low at 9.2:1 but I'm not planning on putting more than 5 to 7 PSI for now, would I have to get a different ECU or a chipped ECU if so what kind, It would help greatly to know what need for this. Also since I'm only planning on putting about 5-7 PSI would I need to upgrade of the engine parts like injectors or anything. It would be awesome for any help thanks!

You need to read an article on the basics of boosting a car. Should answer most of your questions.
That and the manual ECU you used was probably an OBD1 ecu and unless you converted to OBD1 it wont work on your 90(it's OBD0).
Again, the search button here and Google can answer all of your questions.

CN7357

I've tried searching google multiple times and nobody has had this same scenario going on all I need to know is if I put about 5-7 PSI of boost with a turbo kit with my engine compression at 9.2:1 do I need to get a new ECU?

dlo253

You will want to run hondata or similar. You need to do some homework. Does the idle jump around only with that MT ecu? Looks like you need to fix some issues before you worry about boosting. And what ecu do you even have right now?

jdm0830

Sounds like a bad IAC. I'm just speculating. By the sounds of it though, he has zero idea about turboing a car. When you do turbo your car you need engine and fuel management. This means, u need a chipped ecu. Look up information on boosting your car. It's turned out to be expensive too -_-

You could just throw money at it and have some do all the thinking and installing

CN7357

What are you talking about I'm not an idiot, who in this screwed world would ever put a turbo on a car without management that's a little bit of common sense there buddy use your head and think before you post dumb comments. According to jdm0830 he knows a little bit too much about cars so watch out out for this genius guys.

K20

You guys are idiots. The kid just wants some simple help, not some bunch of monkeys banging their heads on the keyboard trying to make sense of what they're saying/sound cool. CN7357 don't listen to these fag munching pansies. jdm0830 he obviously knows what he's doing if he just had a simple question, what you said it common knowledge. Alright CN7357 I know this dude with the SAME problem. Same swap and everything. You could easily put 5-7 psi of boost and it run perfectly. These guys are just trying to be thread whores, don't listen to them. It's your car, do what you want and have fun, cause that's obviously what these other punks are doing. Happy tuning!

What are you talking about I'm not an idiot, who in this screwed world would ever put a turbo on a car without management that's a little bit of common sense there buddy use your head and think before you post dumb comments. According to jdm0830 he knows a little bit too much about cars so watch out out for this genius guys.
If you know you need engine management why did you ask?

You guys are idiots. The kid just wants some simple help, not some bunch of monkeys banging their heads on the keyboard trying to make sense of what they're saying/sound cool. CN7357 don't listen to these fag munching pansies. jdm0830 he obviously knows what he's doing if he just had a simple question, what you said it common knowledge. Alright CN7357 I know this dude with the SAME problem. Same swap and everything. You could easily put 5-7 psi of boost and it run perfectly. These guys are just trying to be thread whores, don't listen to them. It's your car, do what you want and have fun, cause that's obviously what these other punks are doing. Happy tuning!
You should stop talking before you put your foot deeper in your mouth. Or worse, contribute to destroying someone's bottom end.

5-7 psi on what turbo?Keep in mind that 7psi on a t25 is a lot different than 7psi on a GT35R or an SC6152e. It's better to start with a HP goal and work from there. A healthy B18 can generally handle right around 300whp safely if tuned correctly.

OP,
There are plenty of articles that go step by step on the basics of boosting a vehicle. If you can't find at least one decent one, you have a serious problem with your computer's search engine. If you want to do this sort of thing to your car do some RESEARCH and learn something. Don't expect it to be spoon fed to you.
Here's a little spoon feeding as far as your ECU question:
You're going to want to go with a an OBD1 ECU(p06,pr4,p75 etc) and have it socketed and chipped for whatever tuning program you choose to run. For boost I'd recommend Neptune, Hondata S300, or even ECTune. Go OBD1 for ease of tuning and more available options. This will also require you to have OBD1 injectors, injector clips, distributor, and you'll have to modify the wiring harness where the resistor box was for the injectors to operate. Then you need an OBD0 to OBD1 wiring harness jumper to connect the ECU to the wiring harness(unless you feel like doing some repinning).
Hope that helps you get on the right track.

jdm0830

Woooo, sorry ladies. Didn't mean to be counter productive lol. I'll step out now and let the gurus teach :)

Juan

dlo253

Yeah except that k20 guy had to come in with a great first post. I was trying to help so hope he wasn't talking about me or BT. Can't help if my questions go unanswered tho. Great first impression guys. Not a good way to get real help.

emd513

Op you shouldn't need a different ecu for the 5 speed swap. The ecu are the same. Nothing changes between the two. You only add an ecu under your driver side panel for the autos shift controls. Take it out. Look at other issues like vacuum and throttle body and idle settings. There's a lot less mass turning on the crank now. Mine did that at first and I ended up having to make a few minor adjustments. Good luck

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

dlo253

That's true and not true. It should run the car fine, yes. But it will give you a check engine light for the egr most likely. And depending on where you live, you won't even be able to smog with a cel.

CN7357

Alright look everybody but two people that has posted on this thread has actually helped all the other people were probably here because they just wanna be stupid an try to impress people with their "knowledge" that didn't helped at so thanks guys for all the help emd513 and K20 for actually coming onto a forum to help people not just be a dick.

dlo253

Excuse me? Please explain that buddy.... I tried to help, but you didn't answer my questions so I couldn't continue to help.... so have fun boosting your car with an idle issue and with apparently little knowledge of boosting and tuning. Great way to introduce yourself dude. You just look like a total ass haha.