DA 90 Integra Help

CN7357

O and and to BrokenTalon27 it would be easy to boost I have a rebuilt chipped b18 with better internals all I wanted to know is If I needed to buy a new ECU. Y'all are just so ignorant to this situation do you realize why I'm on this forum... Well it's because i searched every where tryed asking a bunch of people and I've found out nothing....

dlo253

Wow, dig yourself deeper. I'm all for new members and helping people out but we don't need this s*** on our site. Where u at samurai? All we were doing is trying to help you. And based on the questions you asked it implied you still have a lot to learn before being able to safely boost your car. Take the s*** talking to ht buddy. And if you truly searched everywhere you wouldn't have asked if you need a new ecu to boost.

CN7357

You know what I'm gonna be an adult about this situation and not try to argue with people I don't know that are provably just a bunch of kids I apologize for my actions and I will go to a new forum thanks for the help.

dlo253

At least that post was constructed with a little class, best of luck to ya................

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Op you shouldn't need a different ecu for the 5 speed swap. The ecu are the same. Nothing changes between the two. You only add an ecu under your driver side panel for the autos shift controls. Take it out. Look at other issues like vacuum and throttle body and idle settings. There's a lot less mass turning on the crank now. Mine did that at first and I ended up having to make a few minor adjustments. Good luck

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
wrong. You need a different ecu. Check engine light will come on, and when your check engine comes on maps change. You can convert a auto to a manual very easily.

That's true and not true. It should run the car fine, yes. But it will give you a check engine light for the egr most likely. And depending on where you live, you won't even be able to smog with a cel.
this. it also changes the characteristics of the car.

Alright look everybody but two people that has posted on this thread has actually helped all the other people were probably here because they just wanna be stupid an try to impress people with their "knowledge" that didn't helped at so thanks guys for all the help emd513 and K20 for actually coming onto a forum to help people not just be a dick.
you have it backwards. They were not at all pointing you in the right direction whatsoever. Paden and Dlo are trying to help you, but you are only wanting to read what you want to read. Which, is the cheap way out which may harm you in the long run. I actually am quite perplexed as to why you are asking if you need a new ecu. You may have gotten a bad ecu, or it was an ecu to the wrong OBD. Im not sure of your problems, but when i had an obd1 ecu automatic on my manual i had idle problems as well. My car was not converted, i just wanted to run a single o2. This gave me idle issues. You should upgrade injectors, you probably should upgrade internals as well. As paden explained. I would try another manual ecu first.

O and and to BrokenTalon27 it would be easy to boost I have a rebuilt chipped b18 with better internals all I wanted to know is If I needed to buy a new ECU. Y'all are just so ignorant to this situation do you realize why I'm on this forum... Well it's because i searched every where tryed asking a bunch of people and I've found out nothing....
You asked if you needed internals. you shuold buy a new ecu

Wow, dig yourself deeper. I'm all for new members and helping people out but we don't need this s*** on our site. Where u at samurai? All we were doing is trying to help you. And based on the questions you asked it implied you still have a lot to learn before being able to safely boost your car. Take the s*** talking to ht buddy. And if you truly searched everywhere you wouldn't have asked if you need a new ecu to boost.
i try to stay out of the DA forums and FI forums. lol.

You know what I'm gonna be an adult about this situation and not try to argue with people I don't know that are provably just a bunch of kids I apologize for my actions and I will go to a new forum thanks for the help.
have fun at TI or Honda Tech!

When did I say you weren't able to boost it?
I fail to see where I was ignorant. You had a question, I told you to do some research and then spoon fed you the answer you needed, and you still don't want to listen.
Realize, that at the end of the day, I don't give two shits about your opinion of me. :what:

emd513

wrong. You need a different ecu. Check engine light will come on, and when your check engine comes on maps change. You can convert a auto to a manual very easily.

this. it also changes the characteristics of the car.

you have it backwards. They were not at all pointing you in the right direction whatsoever. Paden and Dlo are trying to help you, but you are only wanting to read what you want to read. Which, is the cheap way out which may harm you in the long run. I actually am quite perplexed as to why you are asking if you need a new ecu. You may have gotten a bad ecu, or it was an ecu to the wrong OBD. Im not sure of your problems, but when i had an obd1 ecu automatic on my manual i had idle problems as well. My car was not converted, i just wanted to run a single o2. This gave me idle issues. You should upgrade injectors, you probably should upgrade internals as well. As paden explained. I would try another manual ecu first.

You asked if you needed internals. you shuold buy a new ecu

i try to stay out of the DA forums and FI forums. lol.

have fun at TI or Honda Tech!
Explain to me why I'm still running an auto ecu on my swap in my 92 with no issues and no cel. It might be different from others but for what I have experience it is not. My car runs ffine with no idle issues. Now how to you explain that to me when I have done it. So don't jump in and say automatically i am wrong.

dlo253

What auto ecu do u have? Something ain't right. If you have the proper ecu for your car, except the fact its auto. You WILL throw an egr code. Unless you had it deleted or modified in anyway. Maybe before you got it? I can promise a stock AT ecu in a manual will throw a cel. That was my issue, had an AT ecu. Egr cel. Was gonna smog but had a cel. Then it went away for a bit so I hurried to get smogged. Cel happened to stay off long enough but she failed miserably. Went to my buddies shop down the road and got a p06 he had that was chipped for ls.... literally swapped them and drove right back to smog. Passed with flying colors. I don't see how u have no cel unless the ecu is faulty. But either way, it may be making differences that aren't noticeable to you...doesn't mean its not doing anything, long term wise esp. I ain't saying you are wrong, but a properly functioning AT ecu should look for egr, which u don't have and in turn throw a code.

emd513

I took my egr off and put a plate in its place on the intake. Wires still sitting there nothing has been done to the ecu

emd513

I guess I got lucky then. Only issue I have ever had is timing from the machine shop taking way too much off the two times and had to move my gears over 4.5 teeth.

dlo253

That's odd haha. Cuz if it is properly functioning it will be looking for that egr valve. Who knows, maybe you got lucky somehow like u said lol. Have you had to smog yet with that ecu?

Damn lol that's all bad.

emd513

Don't have to here. I run 2.5 straight exhaust to a magna flow race muffler. Fuel pressure turned up to keep it from getting to lean so I burn rich. Never would pass