DA Tail Light Pink B Gone

XSI_DA_IN_TN

No more pink lines on 90 - 91 DA Tail Lights.

1. Remove the tail lights.
2. Remove bulb sockets and all wires.
I left the gasket/seal on the tail light cuz it was stuck on the bottom of the housing.

Wasn't exactly sure what to use, but Wesleys Bleach White (for whitewall tires), and regular bleach worked.

3. Spray quite a bit of bleach white in the bulb socket holes. Move it around some, rinse out with water.
Some pink was gone, but alot was still there...
4. Poured regular bleach in the socket holes. Moved it around, and the pink was gone... Rinse with water.
5. Get as much water out as possible. Shake the piss out of it. Dry gasket/seal.
6. Let dry. Put them in front of a fan until the moisture is gone.........

Not sure which one actually did the trick, but no more pink.

Actual labor time = Not even an hour. Drying takes the longest.

Above~~Before
Bottom~~After

Attachments

Street Anthem

Sac-Town's Finest
how long do u leave the bleach in the taillights? it slowly works but i think reg. bleach is too weak

XSI_DA_IN_TN

Street Anthem said:
how long did u leave it in?
Sprayed alot of the bleach white in, moved light around for maby 10 minutes. I held the tail light up, so I could see the pink lines that that needed to be gone. Not long at all.

DarkDB1

STOP!!...

Using bleach is not suggested!

Afew people i know got lazy and tried bleach and it stained the clear lense. So it looks hazey... permanantly

DONT DO IT!..

Instead of bleach go to a auto parts store and use purple power... it is more safer, and takes just like 5 minutes a tail light.

XSI_DA_IN_TN

DarkDB1 said:
STOP!!...

Using bleach is not suggested!

Afew people i know got lazy and tried bleach and it stained the clear lense. So it looks hazey... permanantly

DONT DO IT!..

I did. Mine are great.

DarkDB1

Yours is probably one of the few... I think it is possible to do it right using bleach, But i think it is very very risky...

Id suggest using purple power since its a strong de-greaser, And eliminates the pink faster... i used superclean on 3 Sedans (including mine) and 1 DA9... Without any misshaps.

Iv seen hazey tail lights from bleach on 2 different integra's...