DB2 I/H/E help

red.line

From what I've read, the collector should be 2.165"..so it would go 2.165" collector to 2.25" Blox test pipe and then 2.35" exhaust..any issues there??

I'll try and search to find out if the Civic header is any different in length compared to the Integra's.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
From what I've read, the collector should be 2.165"..so it would go 2.165" collector to 2.25" Blox test pipe and then 2.35" exhaust..any issues there??

I'll try and search to find out if the Civic header is any different in length compared to the Integra's.
you back pressure would be moving at 2.165" (meaning it would be flowing as if it were moving through a 2.165" pipe reguardless of if its a 2.5" test pipe 3" exhaust etc...

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Make sure you have a properly sized donut gasket if you use that setup otherwise you'll get a fatty exhaust leak.

red.line

you back pressure would be moving at 2.165" (meaning it would be flowing as if it were moving through a 2.165" pipe reguardless of if its a 2.5" test pipe 3" exhaust etc...
Yeah, I was just wondering if I'd have any leak issues (as BigMac pointed out in the next post) or any issues with everything bolting up properly.

red.line

Well I think I've decided that I'm going to go with the Megan Racing 4-1 race header for the 99-00 Si.
I contacted a dealer and they said I shouldn't have any issues except I might have to modify the length of the header to the cat, but since I'll most likely go with the Blox 2.25" adjustable test pipe, that shouldn't be a problem.
And it's a 2.25" collector so I won't have any change in piping diameter except to the exhaust.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
dont worry about all that. since you have stock internals you will be fine

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
agreed. But if you were to build the motor you will find that 2.25" isnt big enough and end up changing it all out anyways.

red.line

I don't see myself building the motor, at least not anything major.
At what point would you figure I'd need a larger exhaust setup?

red.line

if you want to squeeze every last bit of horse power. If you have built internals basically.
So say if I eventually wanted to throw in a set of mild cams and swap in a new intake mani and larger TB..shouldn't be anything that would warrant a larger exhaust, correct?
I mean this thing is going to be my daily and I don't want to sink huge amounts of money into upgrading the engine anyways..just a little bump in power would be nice.

red.line

Awesome. Thanks for all your help and insight.
I think this I/H/E set up would be sufficient for a while, I need to focus on the suspension too!

And seeing as how it looks like you track your car, another quick question..would running a 24mm sway bar in the front and rear drastically change the handling characteristics of the car?
I've heard of lots of people running rear sway bars of that size but haven't really heard anything with regards to the front.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Awesome. Thanks for all your help and insight.
I think this I/H/E set up would be sufficient for a while, I need to focus on the suspension too!

And seeing as how it looks like you track your car, another quick question..would running a 24mm sway bar in the front and rear drastically change the handling characteristics of the car?
I've heard of lots of people running rear sway bars of that size but haven't really heard anything with regards to the front.
Im not so sure since you have a DB2 which i think is a GSR. You already have the Top of the line front sway bar avalible for your car unless im not doing my hwk. The purpose of upgrading your rear sway bar is to eliminate body roll. Your car may alredy have a 24mm sway in front and by adding a 20+mm sway in the back you will really feel a difference in cornering speed as well as body roll. highly recommend it.