DB7/8 LCA's and Lower Tie Bar HELP!!!

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
so today i was planning on installing my blox LCA's and my beaks tie bar but unfortunately wasn't able to due to a seized bolt. but upon looking to instal them, i realize that my stock control arms has a mount for the factory sway bar and the brake lines. will i have to remove my sway bar? what should i do about the brake lines? any help would greatly be appreciated. thanks in advance!

FreshGSR

JDM Enthusiast
yeah gl with that problem, I haven't been able to figure it out myself. Make new brackets? *shrugs*

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
i found some information on G2IC and they said you would need to buy the blox endlinks but with the end links they wont work with stock sway bar. someone else replied with this:

Or you can just pull the end of the sway bars down to line up with the hole in the lca then use a nut and bolt to tighten them together... that's what I did for now until I can get the endlinks or an aftermarket sway bar.
is this safe? can this cause issues with the LCA's?

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
You'll have to remove the sway bar as well as the brake line brackets from the rear LCA's and subframe to safely access the inner LCA bolts. It's super easy don't worry. Once the new parts are on you can put the sway and brake line brackets back on. I don't know if the sway bar will fit the new LCA's w/out adjustable endlinks so that's something to take into consideration. Definitely try to fit the old ones on there if you can. Once everything is back on you can zip tie (lightly) any loose lines to the LCA's if you want but they don't hang down enough to cause any trouble.

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
You'll have to remove the sway bar as well as the brake line brackets from the rear LCA's and subframe to safely access the inner LCA bolts. It's super easy don't worry. Once the new parts are on you can put the sway and brake line brackets back on. I don't know if the sway bar will fit the new LCA's w/out adjustable endlinks so that's something to take into consideration. Definitely try to fit the old ones on there if you can. Once everything is back on you can zip tie (lightly) any loose lines to the LCA's if you want but they don't hang down enough to cause any trouble.
wicked, thanks big mac. a friend of mine said that he also zipped tied the brake lines to his LCA's when he changed them so thats what i'll probably do.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
make sure its not too low or near the wheel i got a scraping on my wheels when the brake lines sagged a little so make sure the metal brackets arre away from the wheel and what else...that should do it :thumbs up

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
make sure its not too low or near the wheel i got a scraping on my wheels when the brake lines sagged a little so make sure the metal brackets arre away from the wheel and what else...that should do it :thumbs up
good to know! i'll keep that in mind. i'll be installing them after class today and i'll post pictures. they only thing that is sketching me out is the sway bar connecting to the LCA... worst case scenario, would it be fine if i just remove the sway bar?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you can run without the sway bar i believe you need aftermarket endlinks for the blox lca. i think they run about $40

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
ya, i've read all about them. i purchased an extra set of bushings for them but i do plan on getting F7's soon enough.

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
ok...... so i got the control arms mounted. i had to remove the sway bar in order for them to work and i zip tied the ABS lines to the LCA's.... now mounting the tie bar... this is where i have a problem. the tie bar is suppose to mount up to where the closest to the middle pivot point of the LCA bolt... my problem is, there is a ABS line right under it that is mounted up to a bracket. i cant mount the tie bar there unless i have some sort of washer and a long ass bolt for it to go through properly. i ended up mounting it to where the sway bar brackets use to go for now. it sits a bit high but thats all i can do for now. any one else have this issue and what did you do to get it to mount up properly?

just go to ace and buy a short piece of pipe, cut off 3/4" sections and space it out, from the pic i don't see why that wouldn't work

mirrorimg

Did you preload the control arm before torquing the bolts in the LCA down?

Thats usually the reason why they fail, improper installation.

If you can, just move the ABS line out of the way.I dont think moving it from that location will affect it at all.