dc2 k-swap

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
I've seen a stock K20 running 10psi on an SC6152e make over 420whp on a Mustang dyno.
I've also seen a built K20 swapped DC2 break 600whp on the same dyno. It's feasible, maybe not for a daily though.
see what i mean, going K-series is great for power. however, the price you pay just isnt worth it in my opinion... i would much rather swap a C1 in my Ls and build it before i considered swapping a K

Spody02

Name: Cody
n/a power is way different then turbo power

my friends k20 civic with 243 n/a whp could kept up with a 423 srt4 and beat a 350-400ish sti

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I agree Spody. If driven properly, an NA motor making less power than it's turbo'd equal can be more lethal on the circuit.

Think about it, the only Honda motors that can make close to the NA power of a K-series are the H22 and the G23 hybrid setup. But a K20/K24 hybrid is such a baller setup and it has yet to be tapped to it's fullest potential. K-series hybrid setups are capable of ~300whp on pump gas and 350whp+ on E85, which is insane.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I agree Spody. If driven properly, an NA motor making less power than it's turbo'd equal can be more lethal on the circuit.

Think about it, the only Honda motors that can make close to the NA power of a K-series are the H22 and the G23 hybrid setup. But a K20/K24 hybrid is such a baller setup and it has yet to be tapped to it's fullest potential. K-series hybrid setups are capable of ~300whp on pump gas and 350whp+ on E85, which is insane.
k and the J series are the untapped magic of honda

Spody02

j is still very new... i dont know if i like the v6 in the honda game lol

it just doesnt fit right, its all about the 4 banger lol

Spody02

h22 arent faster... your stupid lol

why do you think there is soooooo many people using Ks and not Hs

my stand point on motors...

n.a
K<B<F<H<D

f.i
F<K<B<H<D

I see we aren't including company supported cars and track sluts like Bisi's Insight:lol:

h22 arent faster... your stupid lol

why do you think there is soooooo many people using Ks and not Hs

my stand point on motors...

n.a
K<B<F<H<D

f.i
F<K<B<H<D
F in this case being the F20C from the S2k I assume, not the F20b from the UKDM Accord SIR?

Last edited:

Spody02

s2k motor, either f20 or 22

they can handle sooo much just being stock, but you cant do much to them n/a since they were build so well by honda

thundernoodle

:roll: its 1000 and if you can afford to do the swap i doubt that spending that kind of money on K-Pro is that big a deal
ya but with other solutions for other motors running ~300 with ECU. you could spend the saved money else where. Im in the process of building a K24/K20 hybrid unfortunately stuff isnt as crazy cheap as B's.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
ya but with other solutions for other motors running ~300 with ECU. you could spend the saved money else where. Im in the process of building a K24/K20 hybrid unfortunately stuff isnt as crazy cheap as B's.
you running K24 bottom Z1 head? I believe that would probably net the highest HP. not to mention, who doesnt love i-VTEC on a 2.4? :twisted::lol: