ddm tuning review.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
i ordered a set of the apexcone raptor HID kit on Sunday evening, i understood they don't work on weekends, so the order would take at least 24-48 hours to process. then my buddy tells me DDM is known for bad shipping.
so i called them today to see if my order has been in processed/shipped yet, and they say it's going to take 7 days for it to go through, and then another 10 days to ship it by fedex ground.
so i canceled my order, then they said it'll take 5-7 days to cancel the order.. jeez wtf. now i'm planning to go to the DDM Tuning in San Diego instead.. shipping was $11 and i wanted to change my order anyways.. so would have cost more to have them ship back and fourth than me drive down there.

other than their bad shipping, i've heard their HIDs are good and pocket-friendly, if the HIDs go well when i put it on my teggy, i'll come back for another set for my escaladee.

so overall.. 7/10 cause it's no so convenient if you don't live near their factory or plan to order online.. and wait a month.

shim

i need money
i'm surprised with the whole shipping issue as well, are you sure it's not a stock issue they're having?
when i ordered my HID kit from them with regular shipping, i got it in 5 or 6 days.. i was pretty happy with shipping.

hopefully the HID kit itself works well for you as well, i've had mine for close to a year now and it's held up quite well..

lee__xiong

yes i have ordered my HID's from DDM tuning!! they really REALLY freaken suck with shipping and letting you know on what happens!!!! so what happened was ddm back ordered my HID even when i called they said it will be in soon BUT NOT!!! i waited a whole month!

other than that the HID's are great with easy plug and play! very nice just as ImElvis said wait a month!!

jznsn2u

You should've just straight up went to the shop in sd

Rich-PMS

You need to take into consideration how many orders thy recieve daily!

And this should be in the "where to buy" section.

I've had several friends order and recieve them within 10 days, and im on the east coast!

shim

i need money
You need to take into consideration how many orders thy recieve daily!

And this should be in the "where to buy" section.

I've had several friends order and recieve them within 10 days, and im on the east coast!
yeah, they get a LOT of orders every day because of their great prices and good product reputation.
like 94mark3 said they're usually really good with shipping..

hope they help you at the store

ricardofavela11

i actually ordered some for my dads SUV and didnt have any problems. i think it did take me like 3 weeks or so but they are good for the amount you pay for them

ImElvis

Sup yo'
yes i have ordered my HID's from DDM tuning!! they really REALLY freaken suck with shipping and letting you know on what happens!!!! so what happened was ddm back ordered my HID even when i called they said it will be in soon BUT NOT!!! i waited a whole month!

other than that the HID's are great with easy plug and play! very nice just as ImElvis said wait a month!!
Thanks haha

You should've just straight up went to the shop in sd
Yeah that's what I'm doing this weekend.

i actually ordered some for my dads SUV and didnt have any problems. i think it did take me like 3 weeks or so but they are good for the amount you pay for them
I'm not straight up trying to be a d*ck if you're trying to get at me like that lol I have respect for them but I was just expecting a little more with customer service and them keeping their word on how things work since they've been up for business for like 9 years. I was suppose to recieve my invoice yesterday and when I called, it hadn't even gone through them yet. But then again, I respect their prices and that they exist.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
omg if that teg in your sig is yours, i love it.. thinking about doing an ITR swap this summer.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
since im in daygo, i get them at price. 38 bucks for the raptor 35watt kit. ive bought em for my inyeg, civic, a few of my family members and quite a few of my coworkers :thumbs up.

im prolly one of the reasons why they get busy and out of stock pretty quick. im like a middle man they dont know about. lol!

Last edited:

Rich-PMS

I read on a forum where the owner of ddm tuning was saying that thy were recieving over a thousand orders every day. That truely is A LOT of shit to process.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
since im in daygo, i get them at price. 38 bucks for the raptor 35watt kit. ive bought em for my inyeg, civic, a few of my family members and quite a few of my coworkers :thumbs up.

im prolly one of the reasons why they get busy and out of stock pretty quick. im like a middle man they dont know about. lol!
are the workers at DDM in SD chill? as in they'll do a little demo for you to see how blue or purple or green or white it is?

shim

i need money
^ i honestly don't see why they wouldn't be okay with that..

they DO have their charts and such with the pics and all, if they aren't willing or aren't available to help you with that.

their 4500k kit is the closest to the "oem white" you see on other cars though, looks the cleanest imo.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
^ i honestly don't see why they wouldn't be okay with that..

they DO have their charts and such with the pics and all, if they aren't willing or aren't available to help you with that.

their 4500k kit is the closest to the "oem white" you see on other cars though, looks the cleanest imo.
cause my friend bought 6000k HIDs from them and he said 8000k would be too blue already.. and i was hoping for white with noticeable blue but not noticeable to the point you'd get pulled over.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Do these actually improve visibility or are you guys just doing it for the look? With our projectors designed for Halogen bulbs, aren't you getting that yellow light shining downward, lots of glare, hot spots and dark areas? Is anyone here honest enough to admit it?