ddm tuning review.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
are the workers at DDM in SD chill? as in they'll do a little demo for you to see how blue or purple or green or white it is?
they have a display case of all the stuff they have. im sure theyd be more than happy to demonstrate their products.

Do these actually improve visibility or are you guys just doing it for the look? With our projectors designed for Halogen bulbs, aren't you getting that yellow light shining downward, lots of glare, hot spots and dark areas? Is anyone here honest enough to admit it?
they improve visibility a lot! id say its 10x better visibility over halogen. youll see road signs way before youll reach them.

ive installed them on my wife's car and she told me she was actually amazed how much visibility at night and in the rain it improved. she was glad i got her a set.

ill post a pic of how they look like i have 8k on my integ and 6k on the civic.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
Do these actually improve visibility or are you guys just doing it for the look? With our projectors designed for Halogen bulbs, aren't you getting that yellow light shining downward, lots of glare, hot spots and dark areas? Is anyone here honest enough to admit it?
You can see further, and wider with better visibility compared to halogens. But, honestly I'm going for better visibility WITH some color for looks cause white/yellow is plain and legal.. LOL

they have a display case of all the stuff they have. im sure theyd be more than happy to demonstrate their products.

they improve visibility a lot! id say its 10x better visibility over halogen. youll see road signs way before youll reach them.

ive installed them on my wife's car and she told me she was actually amazed how much visibility at night and in the rain it improved. she was glad i got her a set.

ill post a pic of how they look like i have 8k on my integ and 6k on the civic.
Oh sweet! Thanks for the info. How do you like the 8K compared to 6K, which is better, blue-ness on scale from 1-10 on each?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
You can see further, and wider with better visibility compared to halogens. But, honestly I'm going for better visibility WITH some color for looks cause white/yellow is plain and legal.. LOL

Oh sweet! Thanks for the info. How do you like the 8K compared to 6K, which is better, blue-ness on scale from 1-10 on each?
i actually like both

6k is white with a very feint shade of blue
8k is like a hyper white.. just a bit more blue than the 6k.. here's the pics of the 8k on the teg..

just imagine 6k a bit more white than that.. lol!!

i'll post pics of both headlights side by side later on for a better reference

ImElvis

Sup yo'
i actually like both

6k is white with a very feint shade of blue
8k is like a hyper white.. just a bit more blue than the 6k.. here's the pics of the 8k on the teg..

just imagine 6k a bit more white than that.. lol!!

i'll post pics of both headlights side by side later on for a better reference
yeah that'd be better.

12k purple headlights are kool .... :lol:
LOL, I ordered 10,000k but canceled.

Turned out DDM is only open Monday - Friday... I'm so pissed at them.

Army74D

gtavila_
Bringing this thread back..
So I'm currently running a $60 6000k "XENON" kit off of Ebay.. Got sick of the noticeable flickering so I decided to try out a new set.
I've read on numerous online reviews that DDM was the place to go for affordable, quality HID's so I decided to try them out.

I placed my order on Sunday, got an email yesterday (Tuesday) saying that it shipped out.
Now a bright question mark popped up above my head when I saw "Your item was accepted at 9:16 am on December 07, 2011 in CHINA PEOPLES REP."

I'm not surprised that the product is made in China.. But I heard they were made in the US, that's a huge reason I decided to order from them! So what the f*ck??
Anyone had BAD experiences with the quality of the DDMtuning HID's???

Last edited:

ChrisTypeR408

Personally, a year ago I ordered a set of their 55w slim ballast for like $45 with $8 2 day shipping and it did come in two days. I never had a problem with flickering and once in a while one of them wouldnt turn on but it was nothing one click on and off wouldnt fix. I had nothing to complain about and all of my other friends didnt complain either....

a few months ago 3 of my friends ordered a set and I don't know if they shipped from china, and theirs wouldnt turn on all the time and it'd take them a few more tries than mine would. Theres also had slight flickering at times but it wasnt enough to bother them.

A few weeks ago I ordred a set for my friend for his mazda 3 and they did indeed ship from china, and it took a long time to come too. After installing, we always had a problem with just one ballast and it would take countless times to make both of them turn on at the same time. We're considering sending it back but it's such a hassle because we'd have to probably get it shipped from china again for a replacement. I haven't gotten a chance to try to up his headlight fuse by 5 amps (as suggested on the website) but if that doenst work we have no choice but to send it back.

I had a fairly good experience with my HIDs, and many people before me but it seems like this year (2011) they have definitely changed their quality. I havent had a problem with my slim ballasts, and I passed them on to a friend and he still isnt having a problem with them. I personally use the stock HIDs now from my JDM front end and in terms of quality, OEM > aftermarket all day. Just wanted to share my experience.

ssbpdc2R

had my 2 sets of ddm tunning hids, in my bmw for the past 3-4 no problems and in my teg for almost 2 yrs

ChrisTypeR408

I think for the most part it's hit and miss, but I'm kinda skeptical finding out that they recently started shipping it straight from china...

Army74D

gtavila_
Yeah, I'm definitely skeptical now. I'll post up my two cents when they arrive.. It's been two days since the first email and the updates show that they're still moving through China. Lol

s2kvsdb7

I have the 6k on mines right now.. if you wana take a look at them. hit me up
also got them frm DDM, but i just drove by their shop in clairemont mesa and picked them up.

i hate waiting for shipping :)

2nd set from them, 1st set was for the 600rr , still working 4yrs in the running

Cman46290

i have the 35W raptor kit... 6000k bulbs... been about 2 months without a single problem.

Yes... they do ship from China now... so it takes like 20 days to get them... but hey... for the price and quality... and lifetime warranty... i couldnt complain.

They look great... the visibility is SOOO much better... and they were easy to install~

I would buy them again....(if i wasnt in a hurry to get them lol)

-Corey

Army74D

gtavila_
Okay, I received them. It took about two weeks which isn't too bad..
I could tell right away that the quality of materials used is alot better than the cheap Xentec one I had from Ebay.
Both are the same price.. Around $50usd.
So I installed them, and it's been two days now and NO flickering. So I'm really happy. The color looks full, not washed out like the cheaper kits. A++ so far for DDM Tuning.