Do you follow torque specifications?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
i thought it was a great question, the more you do it ,you'll get the feel of it

nowwhatnapster

well after browsing through torque wrenches i dont think i can afford any "professional" torque wrenches.

If i had bottomless pockets i would buy this Snap-On 3/4 5~75 ft lb $255

If I had slightly shallower pockets I would buy this Craftsman Professional 3/8 15~75 ft lb $185

But since I have shallow pockets i guess im looking at something like

this Craftsman Digitorq 3/8 5-80 ft lb $110

or
this Craftsman Microtorq 3/8 10~75 ft lb $60

Thoughts? I comfortable parting with $100.00 of my hard earned money. So that puts me at the Craftsman Digitorq.

Last edited:

dc2b18

Wait... What?
I wouldn't spend 100 bucks unless you have something specific that has to be torqued. Since you didn't mention it, I'm assuming that's not the case and you can go without it until you come to something that has to be torqued to spec I.E. head bolts.

phatintegra

Banned
Building motors yes, for wheel and other aspect no, just snug fit.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
well after browsing through torque wrenches i dont think i can afford any "professional" torque wrenches.

If i had bottomless pockets i would buy this Snap-On 3/4 5~75 ft lb $255

If I had slightly shallower pockets I would buy this Craftsman Professional 3/8 15~75 ft lb $185

But since I have shallow pockets i guess im looking at something like

this Craftsman Digitorq 3/8 5-80 ft lb $110

or
this Craftsman Microtorq 3/8 10~75 ft lb $60

Thoughts? I comfortable parting with $100.00 of my hard earned money. So that puts me at the Craftsman Digitorq.

if you only need it one time, just go to your local autoparts store and have them loan you one out if you dont wanna spend the money, thats what i do :)

Blue95gsr

That car you smoked!
I personally have one of the Cratsman ones that are that good old fashion scale and the bar goes left to right. But that is me. cost like $50 on sale.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
$100 Craftsman is all you need. I've had mine for years and years. Digital stuff is just dumb. I use it on everything unless it's over 80 ft/lbs which is what the max is on my torque wrench. I don't do any engine internals so... For things over 80, that's usually suspension stuff which is not that critical as long as you keep it within reason.

Also anti-seize!