Doing Ls/vtec worth it?

Malcazar

Is it worth it and what would i need material wise? ill do most of the work myself or atleast try. I just want something a little different. Thankx!

rwlsvtec_03

Is it worth it and what would i need material wise? ill do most of the work myself or atleast try. I just want something a little different. Thankx!
Pretty simple :
Cometic LS VTEC head gasket $95
Golden Eagle Sandwhich plate with braided oil line (for vtec) cheap
ARP head studs $100
Timing belt specific to your dohc vtec head you are using (fel pro at advance auto are $29)
DOHC VTEC cylinder head complete with cams etc.
VTEC engine harness
Plug for cylinder head to block old vtec oil passage.

lor_db8

i best recommend don't do this project.. you are asking for a hole in your block that's all... vtec head was never meant for a ls block so it'll never run right.. even if it does, give it 3 months and you'll have a hole with motor oil on the ground... better yet go with a legit vtec swap and save yourself headache...

rwlsvtec_03

i best recommend don't do this project.. you are asking for a hole in your block that's all... vtec head was never meant for a ls block so it'll never run right.. even if it does, give it 3 months and you'll have a hole with motor oil on the ground... better yet go with a legit vtec swap and save yourself headache...

There isn't a thing wrong with ls/vtec.

MrDB1integra

honda greaser
In my honest opionion dont do it. The reason is you can get a JDM long block for the price of doing the Ls/vtec. Well if you do it correctly. So I would say just get a JDM vtec long block from somewhere like hmotorsonline.com. Thats just my 2 cents.

01FTW

Ls-vtec is good for spinning rods and spending money, believe me I know. Stay away from that frankenshit motor.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Ls-vtec is good for spinning rods and spending money, believe me I know. Stay away from that frankenshit motor.
It's easy to mess up but can potentially make loads of power and be very reliable. It's all about how you build it.