dont feel the vtec

reg_lus

after my fresh rebuild, approximate 40 miles so far.
d16z6
i didn't feel any vtec lift when it engages or anything. supposedly 4600rpm or close there.
just didnt feel like there's any lift at all? i dont think this is normal because
when we did my brother's single cam rebuild, it pulls harder when vtec engages.
(i wasn't near redline or anything, just up to 5500 rpm)

any clues?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Any differences in mods might give the impression of 'felt' vtec. Its more likely heard than felt in a single cam. Its somewhat of a vague issue to be asking. You should confirm whether vtec is working or not then worry about whether you feel it, as in running at the power it should be. Only a dyno run would tell you that.

reg_lus

well CEL isn't on so I assume it should work. Btw, I've got skunk2 manifold, intake, exhaust, 4-2-1 header, and stock piping...lmao maybe the stock pipping is what restricting from hearing?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Stock is very restrictive but theres only one way to find out. You could assume vtec is working but im just suggesting confirming since you say you dont feel it, maybe theres a reason. Gotta start somewhere.

reg_lus

Stock is very restrictive but theres only one way to find out. You could assume vtec is working but im just suggesting confirming since you say you dont feel it, maybe theres a reason. Gotta start somewhere.
well i checked, i started from ecu traced up. check the vps ground, seems right. and if i unplug it vps ground, cel comes on. plug it back in, goes away. checked the vtec sensor, good. that's all i know to check for vtec. clogged fuel pressure regulator? i doubt it...hmm..not that i can search...well i still have to wait til the motor breaks in. i'm just curious how it would felt but damn...oh well

BankiBoi

Check oil pressure, clogged screen

Posted by Thunderbolt using tapatalk