Drevans_satx's (Dylan's) s2000

drevans_satx

Dylan
Well recently I traded the ITR #01-0148 for this 2003 Honda s2000. The ITR was great, but I daily drive my cars 5 days a week about 55 miles round trip. I didn't like putting that kind of mileage on it and the guy whom I traded with was absolutely in love with the car as soon as he saw it. He said "The ITR has been my dream car since it was released here in '97, and I can finally have one". Anyways now the s2k is my daily grind and i'm pretty much all about drop top life now. As far as mods go this one is pretty bare bones compared to the R.

Mods:
-Skunk2 lowering springs (no squeaking, but a stock strut with a drop spring is never ideal)
-Pioneer head unit
-10'' Kicker CVR subwoofer in a typical s2000 trunk box
-Profile Califonia Amp

Recent Update:
-Fluid changes
-K&N FIPK
-Invidia 70MM Test Pipe
-Rear tires
-C8Sport Coilovers
-CC stage 2 + Lightweight FW

Basically, It's a clean slate. There are a few maintenance things I need to take care of before anything mod wise is purchased.

Typical fluid flushes as well as replacing the rear wheel studs. 1 on each side is broken off somehow..

random photos:

Sub Install:

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
That looks exactly like the S2000 a friend of mine traded to someone out that way. It was a white on red AP1 with black factory wheels. lol

What's with the red trunk, wrecked I suppose? Which would also be funny because the guy that my friend traded his to wrecked it shortly there after :lol:

Last edited:

drevans_satx

Dylan
It was indeed wrecked. From what I can see the only non original body panels are the front bumper, the hood (maybe), and the trunk. So I'm guessing a rear ending that went into a sandwich.

R13

The other asshole
Dude holy shit, No kidding I didn't even know this thread existed.

Where's this mofo at? Haven't seen him in forever.

R13

The other asshole
I think he stays permanently signed in on tapatalk, That's why I use invisible mode, My phone's always connected to tapatalk so it looks like I'm always online.

drevans_satx

Dylan
I'm still here guys! you're right though I just lurk a lot.

Nothing much has changed with the S2000. It rolled over 105,000 miles last night though and it's still going strong.

As far as mods go...I've done a few. Nothing huge but they all improved my enjoyment of the car. Although I did soon find out that EVERYTHING for the S is 2-3X the price of the integra, even the type-R. So basically if you want to tinker you gotta be making money or find good used deals.

What I've done so far:

K&N FIPK. Sounds amazing at WOT. I'll never install a CAI on any car I own. Too much risk and the country roads out where I live don't drain water well at all.

Full fluid change. Best thing to do when you first buy a used car. The penzoil trans fluid didn't please me at all, so next time I'm going back to Honda OEM.

After I found a nail in my rear tire I was forced to replace them...It was pretty good timing. They were showing really bad camber/toe wear and were damn near bad anyways.

Next up i figured, "f*** I live in Texas...they don't care about the environment". So I installed a test pipe. I wanted a louder exhaust note, but I wanted to keep my low key oem look and my exhaust already had the UK exhaust mod. Let me tell you, this setup is pretty sex. Easy on the ears for a DD, no done, factory look, but it get loud when it needs to.

Lastly, I don't have any pictures of this one, but I bought a cheap-o stainless steel shift knob to experiment with the 'burnt' look. First attempt didn't turn out well. It burned, but I burned it too long and lost the colors. Now I have to polish it off and try again. Hopefully this time it turns out perfect. If you want to know what I'm talking about just look up "ARC Titan Shift knob".

Oh and Saturday my lastest purchase will be here...It's not a well known brand, but I got such a great deal I couldn't pass up. Goodbye Junk2 springs, you ride like dicks and will not be missed. Sadly since my next day off isn't until the following tuesday the install will have to wait :(

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Nice, I don't know what it is about it maybe the color but I like this S.

On another note this has given me an idea for a sub encloser, I might start working on it tomorrow.