Dylan's 2001 Type-aRRR

Shaolinteggy

Beautiful dude!! In 40 years you can sell it at Barrett-Jackson Auto auction for a ton of cash. Especially since its a "real" Type R. hahahaha

01TegLuv

Dude... is that like curb rash i see on thoseType R gunmetal rims...??? TYPE R RIMS!!! o.0
and whered the center caps go..? and a tear in the passenger side door fabric!?

srry, i guess you always expect a mint condition pristine clean type R as always. lol

beautiful car dude, take care of her and build her, slap a turbo in that b**** and post up the vids :)

and leather and cloth seat in your gsr??? 0.o ..lol

drevans_satx

Dylan
In the end it was 7000. But still. Its a f***ing real type-r.

The curb rash is from the P.O. spinning and sexing a curb. There isn't a tear in the door fabric, the glue has just released over time. Texas heat is killer. I buy my cars to drive them, so naturally the R won't be absolute perfection, but it's damn near close.

The center caps on the gsr I assume? They came with the car. I kinda figured they all had center caps from the factory so I never thought about it much. As for the cloth seat. I picked it up for $2,000...I can't exactly complain much. But from what the P.O said the leather seat was so torn up it was unrepairable and cheaper to get a cloth seat. Personally I like it. 107 degree weather + leather seats...you get it.

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
I love how on the GSR they painted one door jamb white and left the other green... -.-

I love the R though. I want that damn wheel!

drevans_satx

Dylan
Yeah the paint is pretty shotty...but when I was shopping for a teg I was trying to find the cheapest gsr that was in DD'able condition. This fit the bill. Fired up every time and drove it 2 hours back to my house without a hitch. Repairs were gonna eventually come up, but from the outside the paint doesn't look too terribly bad, just when you open the doors your like wtf is this.

drevans_satx

Dylan
It's got layers of security out the wazoo lol. Not gonna get into specifics, but if it was to get stolen the thieves have about half an hour to strip it and get rid of it before police get to them.

Also full coverage insurance. USAA is gonna take care of me in the event something does happen.

XjoEnX

In the end it was 7000. But still. Its a f***ing real type-r.

The curb rash is from the P.O. spinning and sexing a curb. There isn't a tear in the door fabric, the glue has just released over time. Texas heat is killer. I buy my cars to drive them, so naturally the R won't be absolute perfection, but it's damn near close.

The center caps on the gsr I assume? They came with the car. I kinda figured they all had center caps from the factory so I never thought about it much. As for the cloth seat. I picked it up for $2,000...I can't exactly complain much. But from what the P.O said the leather seat was so torn up it was unrepairable and cheaper to get a cloth seat. Personally I like it. 107 degree weather + leather seats...you get it.
You only spent $7k on the ITR?? Luckkyyyyyyyy :ibrealjealousrightnow:

drevans_satx

Dylan
You only spent $7k on the ITR?? Luckkyyyyyyyy :ibrealjealousrightnow:
Yessir. $7k. Bought it to drive, not to sit and collect dust.

I'm considering selling or trading with a bit of cash on my end for a later 2000's TL-S.
Insurance it sorta killer on the R

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Still the person im most jealous of on the forum. If you ever sell that thing it better be to me for dirt... cheap dirt.

drevans_satx

Dylan
Still the person im most jealous of on the forum. If you ever sell that thing it better be to me for dirt... cheap dirt.
It was pure blind luck honestly. I saw an add on craigslist for a type-r parts out. I was like wtf this must be somebody's clone. Ran the VIN. Nope, legit type-r. I basically had to beg this guy for 4 days to sell it whole, and increase by purchase price every damn day. All this happened while I was in Connecticut! lol. The P.O. was nice enough to hold it for me for a week till I got back with no deposit or anything. Then I went to check it out and couldn't even drive it. So that was a huge risk as well. I just looked over everything 10x and listened to the engine. I looked at him and I was like "It looks like i'll be back tomorrow with the money"
I got a surprised face from him and 'You're gonna buy it!?'

The next day I got there with my truck and flatbed and took it home, where it sat for a month...apparently it takes forever to find a Type-R wheel lol.

Unfortunately if I sold it, I couldn't let it go for dirt cheap lol. I'd have to invest money to return it to USDM dealership floor stock before then. Modded R's don't sell as quick...or for as much.