Ebay Short shifters/headers

lcintegra360

Hey everyone im new to the board and I just recently purchased a 1990 Acura Integra RS. I would like to purchase a few mods for it right now, it has an apexi exhaust system, 17" Enkie tires, A cold air intake, and the springs were cut.

I am looking to purchase a short shifter and possibly some new headers for it. from taking a look on ebay I had seen that some of the short shifters ran pretty cheap (20 bucks!) Im not looking for something to fancy either. I was looking for a recomondation on what would be good to buy as far as those go (and if there is anything else I need to purchase to go with it).
As for headers I am thinking something along the lines of some Ceramic DC sports headers but I was wondering if there was something else out there that would be better for cheaper. I do plan on taking off my resonator in the near future too if that makes a difference, when doing this is there anything I would need to do to tune my engine in order to do this?

I had noticed from browsing ebay for parts that there were a lot of off brands and I was just wanting to know what to look out for as far as they go.
I am somewhat of a noob when it comes to working on cars but from purchasing this car I have never felt love for a car in my entire life, I just want the best for my baby on a teenagers budget.

Later on I am hoping to get a Vtech head for my stock engine and that is about it. Anything tips or advice on anything else I should do to it would be appreciated.

And one more thing, I had to replace the altenator in it, and it was idleing at about 2000 rpms, Got all of that fixed but now my rpm gauge doesnt work, It has dropped all the way down and will only go up to 1000 rpms when the car needs to shift. Any suggestions or ideas on what this might be?

Last edited:
If your slamming the shifter hard enough to snap the rod in half you have watched to many F&F movies and need to settle the F down...

Its a car not a F'in 20K press..

Again I have NEVER seen or heard of anybody breaking one.

cory

i have one on my da and and that shits running strong

red.line

I have NEVER heard nor seen that and I have seen HUNDREDS of ebay short shifters and installed many as well
Really? I've heard of many. Not only ebay but Megan Racing as well hahaha.
Most I've seen snap at the ball which as mentioned before, is due to them being made of a lesser quality steel.

Last edited:
if it is at the ball it is prolly because they either thread on the wrong ball or they are using a pinch style and drilled a small hole to pinch the knob onto and that weakened it.

hummm that sux... I have NEVER seen that happen... sheesh.. I still think its from being to aggressive.. I don't think normal use will cause it to snap in half.