eiznekeM's B17A1 Swap/Build Project

eiznekeM

Well, didn't I just fall off the face of the earth. Work, women and life have taken me away from a vehicle I love for far too long. But with a career change, disposable income, and a lady with a mechanical aptitude and plenty of ambition, I have been able to focus on my beloved Integras again. I finished school, traveled, met the lady of my dreams and bought a few cars since I was last on here. The direction of my build has changed multiple times since I was last on here (20,000 posts since!), but I have the parts, time, and money to put it all together now. I still have the B17, but the RS i intended to put it in wasn't worth it to me. Drove my second GS while buildng the RS but it got written off and stripped. I built the RS and then subsequently sold it with lost interest in a money pit without power windows. I drove the beater of beater's for the better part of 2 years to save money. I didn't put a cent of maintenance into that car, a white '92 GS I picked up for $200. 140,000 km and I only ever had to replace a tire. Sold that gal for $500. Came across a AGP '92 GS with a snapped timing belt and a boatload of goodies and a kid who didn't know enough about cars. Picked that shell up for $500 and is the destination of my B17 and is the pride and joy of my GS-R clone. I've also picked up a super mint '92 LS that I got for a steal of a deal. One owner, 200,000 km on it and just a dream of a car. Enough of the ramblings, on to some photos! I'm hoping I can be a little more thorough and consistent with the updates this time.

eiznekeM

Finally!

Gosh, I never get a chance to get to these things I start! If you still have dial up, hold on....

I'll start off with the RS I had originally intended to build and drop this thing in to:

Pulled a very nasty blue interior out and swapped in a full black interior out of the GS-R (plastics only, dash, not the seats)
Started pulling the head to do some machining and found ....

Not exactly inspiring. So instead of just cleaning up the head, I now had an engine replacement on my hands. I swapped in another B18 from my old ice racer!

At least 900 hp in this box! Ha ha.

eiznekeM

I love my engine long time!

Here's the inside of the block with a nice hole in it. Looks like she spun a bearing and lost a piston, then took out another piston.

Yikes. On to install!

So that was it for about 2 months. Then decided to get some better bumpers...

This thing was in Pick'n' Pull! It only had 190k on it. Sad to see it, glad to find many parts, including a freshly rebuilt transmission!

New headlights and OEM lip.

eiznekeM

Sold the Tenzo R's. Bought both for $80, sold for $500.
And that was a day on that car. Sold it for $1500, made $500 for seats. Bought for $200, $250 for the donor LS car, about $500 for bearings, clutch, fluids, etc. Not a bad turn around.

Donor on it's way to the crusher.

This was my daily '92 GS, had for 2 years and put about 120k on the car. Drove the hell out of it, never put a dime in other than fuel and one used tire (free from a customer!). Paid $200, sold car for $500 plus got paid to pull the engine for the guy who bought it! Great car.

Girlfriend's third gen and the white stallion.

It's behind me, all filthy and such. Don't mind me posing, ha ha!

Stealing parts before I sold it.

Sayonara faithful steed!

Half of the fleet at my old place.

That's my newest daily in the background. '92 LS, 200k on the odometer, only a dime spot of surface rust, beautiful paint.

Didn't like tan, so in with black!

Found a little friend stuck in the door jam.

eiznekeM

GS-R interior installed

How she sits now, minus a set of snow tires on rims and a winter back drop!

On to my gem!! I found this written off DB2 my last week of college and brought it home with me with minimal knowledge and far too many wrong ideas with what to do with it. Here's the finding, trip home and tear down:

Broken trans case.

eiznekeM

So the only DB2 I've ever had my hands on and I had to gut it. But I'm glad to have a piece of history nonetheless. I picked up another Aztec Green Pearl GS/LS (not sure really) that a kid snapped the timing belt on. Picked it up for $600, has plenty of good parts in it already and a very mint interior.

New front subframe, coilovers, short shifter, header, custom exhaust of some sort. Still have to find out the brands of everything but it's a great shell. Needs a little body work but nothing terrible. LED conversion inside, remote start.

Here's a list of the things I've been hoarding away for my daily and the GS-R clone:

KYB front struts
Eibach springs
Front and rear camber kits
15' VW BBS rims (last photo)
JDM one piece headlights
PWDJDM headlight adapters
PWDJDM stubby antenna
ARP wheel studs
Thru-lug nuts
Full B17 rebuild kit (bearings, gaskets and seals, valves, pistons, etc)
New case for YS1 cable
Amber bumper lenses
All new engine mounts
VTEC fender moldings

I'm really excited to get working on this thing and am hoping to have this thang as close to a DB2 as possible (minus the VIN!). I've got a few more things on the way, MOMO wheel and hub firstly. I'll be updating as much as I can and hopefully I don't fall off the face of the earth again!

'Til next time CI.