endo617: 98 Ej6 Project: Balanced Form

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Update: Bolt came out of the TPS so had to recalibrate that. Installed my ITR intake with CT Engineering filter. Removed the MSD and went back to stock, the MSD distributor cap was beyond fried. Engine seems to be more responsive and smooth through the powerband. Also raised the suspension up 5mm all around and adjusted the spring load.

Last edited:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Rear finally broke off at Autox, oversteered into a cone. Seems like I'm going to try to scramble up the cash to paint the car.

All fixed up. OEM>Replacement

Last edited:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Them Prothane Bushings slowly making their way in. Chose the color for my car finally but keeping it a secret for now. Should be good. Just need to pick up a front bumper and fenders.

Last edited:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
First time extracting a stud was a positive experience.

Replacement head 2.0 because the first one was junk is finished and ready to install this weekend. Wish me luck, I need this oil consumption and smoking to finally go away.

Last edited:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
A little nervous about the head transplant tomorrow because I'm not sure if that's the issue or rings. But these are some signs I feel are clear enough to say the head and gasket/seals are ruined and not the piston rings.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Head all done, ran into some trouble with the cam caps pinching the camshaft where it wouldn't rotate but lucky I had an extra set. Cars running no smoke and is nice so far. Next up alignment.

Greddy Timing belt mmmmh.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Pulled the trigger on some Moog UCA Ball Joints, they have a +/-1 camber adjustment and 1 year warranty. Haven't seen any reviews but Moog has a decent name when it comes to replacement parts.