endo617: 98 Ej6 Project: Balanced Form

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Small 0.5 liter catch breather wasn't cutting it, I need to do a compression and leak down but found that I have some bad blow-by, my rings might not have been gaped or clocked improperly. I installed a 2 liter catch breather and added a return line like the Endyn style, works better now and no more overflow of oil. My valve cover paint came in the mail(top secret color), and since the engine is coming out again, I decided I'm painting the bay, probably a grey or gunmetal.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Looks great! nice job
Thanks, I'm trying.

Installed my new header, test pipe and o2 sensor

RMF style header with some free J2 header bolts

Comparison with new Denso sensor installed.

In with the new

PLM test pipe, highly recommend it, so awesome for a lot of applications.Didn't get to take a pic of it installed.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
After installing my front subframe and sway bar I started hearing a clunk in the passenger side on potholes. Suspension was preloaded so it masked the problem until I started taking things apart and found out it was my Hard Race extended lower ball joint. 6 years of abuse from street and autox, definitely feel like I got my moneys worth.

I'll be trying these Buddy Club RCA next.

Rented a 4wd Ball Joint press, it worked great last time I used it because they are obviously longer than stock ones.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Remembered I had extra spindles in my storage so prepped for tomorrow after I got out of work. New ARP studs, NTN Bearing, and Buddy Club RCA installed.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Fixed my oil burning from the GSR, solution swapped it out lol.

Themal Gasket for the B20 and my friend gave me what looks like a 1st Gen BLOX manifold, ITR rep for the B20.

Swap TIme

Transmission bottom t bracket bolt stripped

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Great work you got going on there. But isnt it the season for autoX?

SoundEfx

Keep on pimpin' pimp. This is dedication right here.

This looks like a LeMans race or something where they are trying to get the car fixed before the end of the race...lol

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
Almost have my perfect specs, -2 front and -1 rear. Eye balled the rear to -1 by luck.

Finally have the right PS bracket from a CRV, forget it was aluminum.

Last edited:

TheMyth

That power steering bracket works better for the ek application? And you using the sohc pump or a dohc pump ?