Endo617: Upgrade/Build Thread

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
its really old and beat up, i bought it off a car that was going to get junked for $40, its the only one i've seen till this day

God I want one. I thought I would of like the front bra I just put on, but honestly I feel like its too much. I'll have to post pics soon of it. I forgot to.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
God I want one. I thought I would of like the front bra I just put on, but honestly I feel like its too much. I'll have to post pics soon of it. I forgot to.
i feel you its different on a 98+ front end, i drive by the car for 2 month, thinking "i want this thing", b4 i found the owner and bought it for $40

lookin good! I'm debating on the purple valvecover right now but yours looks awesome
thanks bro, lol its funny i did my valve cover pretty half a$$, im thinking of just going white it looks real clean IMO

00tegls

im lovin the white front bumper i always like when people get creative and draw on their cars but of course they have to be good drawings haha

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
im lovin the white front bumper i always like when people get creative and draw on their cars but of course they have to be good drawings haha
thank you sir, your one of the few people that noticed that they aren't stickers

Got my fluids in, transmissions going to shift like butter, going in after i change the diff out and find a new inner casing:mrgreen:

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
do you fill 2.3 quarts syncro mesh or 2 quart syncro mesh .3 honda mtf
im going with 2 quarts GM Syncromesh and level it off with Honda MTF, i got a case(6 quarts) for $62, homeboy hookup, versus going to the GM Dealer and paying $17 a quart:kickass:, need to get myself some Honda Bond, RTV Silicone leaks

goofygamer

I'm using the GM synchromesh right now. What a difference. lol Did I do something wrong? I filled 2.3 of the synchromesh. Should I have done 2.0 of the synchromesh and .3 of Honda MTF? Why?

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
I'm using the GM synchromesh right now. What a difference. lol Did I do something wrong? I filled 2.3 of the synchromesh. Should I have done 2.0 of the synchromesh and .3 of Honda MTF? Why?
im going by what i was told to do, but how does the transmission feel with full GM fluid? and how long have you been running in, also any difference right away?

goofygamer

Yes, major difference right away. I've had it for several months already. I tried going through my build thread real quick to see if I could find when I posted it, but couldn't. Probably one of the best upgrades for my tranny haha. It was notchy and felt "grindy" every time I shifted gear, but now it feels more smooth. Also, when trying to shift quickly at higher rpms, I could not smoothly go into the next gear and would end up misshifting. Now, with the new MTF, the tranny shifts more smoothly. I can't really determine if it was the GM fluid itself that caused such a dramatic change; because, I was low on MTF. I guess the previous owner never replaced it and it basically took 2-3 seconds for the old fluid to finish draining. lol. I did decide to go with this fluid over amsoil, royal purple, and Honda MTF because of the reviews that I've read about it from others' experiences.