engine goes boom.

72Spitfire

Yeah, the cam gears are the titanium Skunk2 Pro Series. I don't think it was the cam gear that failed, something in the head locked up so hard that it simply snapped the gear. I'm sure the weird knock i heard was the culprit. I'm curious to see inside the head but must focus on the swap first.

Last edited:

OLDSKOOLACURA

Yeah, the cam gears are the titanium Skunk2 Pro Series. I don't think it was the cam gear that failed, something in the head locked up so hard that it simply snapped the gear. I'm sure the weird knock i heard was the culprit. I'm curious to see inside the head but must focus on the swap first.
Definitely post pics when you do

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
thats a really odd way to snap a cam gear.

72Spitfire

Well, there is no visual damage to the top part of the head that i can see. No metal shavings in the oil or on the magnetic drain plug when I drained it. Perhaps the gear simply failed. If so, thats pretty disappointing. Pulling the head will give definitive answers, but it may take me a week or so to do the job.

Last edited:

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Skunk2 will probably super glue it back together, send it to you, and write stuff all over the internet about you trying to ruin their reputation with false claims, then there will be a bounty asking for all of your personal information and dick size

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
NO WAY. A Junk2 product failed? I don't believe you.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
yuuuuuuuuuup, not for long. Can't wait to say bye to that... Vince asked me what I was going to do with it and I told him I planned on pissing on it, then setting it on fire; he said, "Don't do that, just piss on it and give it to me". hahaha

mdtsdca

looking at your cam gear pics... were the allen sprockets tightened before you put them on? Your intake cam gears look all the way advanced. Were your exhaust gears the same way? Maybe your sprockets weren't tightened and your belt kept tugging away until it finally gave out.