Even trunk floor, warning dial up users!

Teggykid952

A big piece of cardboard would have made a great mock up, that way you could have used just one solid piece of wood instead of sections

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Yeah but thats harder to find. I just went to homedepot and bought some 1/2inch plywood and cut out the shape of that cardboard peice. Put it back there and its perfect :D

i'm going to have to do this now! i would feel a lot better if my sub was screwed into the floor. :thumbs up nice thread! the cover that came with my car just broke, all my stuff is falling into that hole, lol. boo.

Last edited:

sylvaner01

A big piece of cardboard would have made a great mock up, that way you could have used just one solid piece of wood instead of sections
I completely agree with you however I did it in sections for a few reasons.
1: its much cheaper to buy one sheet of small mdf and use the scraps you have from your last build.
2: its much easier to have it come appart for when you need access to the spare tire (cant get the chipboard in or out due to the shape of the boot) (or shape of the trunk for yall americans)

I highly recomend doing this, its so easy to secure stuff to my boot these days =D

Teggykid952

That's when you fab up an opening to get the tire out, whether it be some hinges or just removable by hand. But good job though, at least you took the time to do it and it does make it look 10x better than having carpet over nothing

The_Anima7or

The Rook
damn good write up jordan, nice idea, i may do the same thing with my G2, but with sheet metal, since my car does not have back seats, and its going to be a weekend warrior of sorts, but very nice!

sylvaner01

damn good write up jordan, nice idea, i may do the same thing with my G2, but with sheet metal, since my car does not have back seats, and its going to be a weekend warrior of sorts, but very nice!
Ahh.. thanks dude, its Jack btw =D

94rs-gharp

only way to make this better would be to add hinges to the bottom half so you could access your spare tire my father did this in my brother Accord when we rreplaced it and used carpet glue and glued extracarpet to cover it as well whcih also acted as an extra hinge ill post a thread with a picture and ill do a thread soon with my teg when i make my trunk floor

sylvaner01

only way to make this better would be to add hinges to the bottom half so you could access your spare tire my father did this in my brother Accord when we rreplaced it and used carpet glue and glued extracarpet to cover it as well whcih also acted as an extra hinge ill post a thread with a picture and ill do a thread soon with my teg when i make my trunk floor
I completely agree, I have to pull the whole thing out if I get a flat, thankfully I havent got a flat yet though!
Good luck with your project dude

Detman101

Da9 newbie
I'm going to do this as well, but make a hinge at the halfway mark so that I can flip up the little side panels and then flip up the main part at the mid-point to get the spare out.

Great idea on the full-size spare!

I am going to try replacing the carpet that is back there when I do mine as well. It's all moldy and funky from years of getting wet by the stupid rear lights and sunroof drain. Guess I will have a lot of stitching coming my way. Or I could just glue the carpet to the plywood trunk-floor-replacement...?

Dm of mD

94rs-gharp

I'm going to do this as well, but make a hinge at the halfway mark so that I can flip up the little side panels and then flip up the main part at the mid-point to get the spare out.

Great idea on the full-size spare!

I am going to try replacing the carpet that is back there when I do mine as well. It's all moldy and funky from years of getting wet by the stupid rear lights and sunroof drain. Guess I will have a lot of stitching coming my way. Or I could just glue the carpet to the plywood trunk-floor-replacement...?

Dm of mD
if you get some 3M adhesive glue in the can and do a really good job of making sure u tuck the corners under. OH and staple the bottom side: once my car is driveable and back home ill do a write-up