finally slammed! but madddd tire rub

alexjoo

as you know i recently have been slammed....im currently on skunk2 pro s's and i love it but there are two problems. problem number one i rub like crazy. im on steelies with correct tire size im not stretching or anything. because of that do i take out my fenders completely not to rub? or how do i fix that problem and secondly oil pan cracking due to how low i am scares the shit out of me how often does this happen?

thanks in advanced alexjoo the noob

k researched about my fenders rubbing.......i can get them rolled to prevent rubbing right? and if i want to roll them myself i could just beat the shit of it w/ a bat right? haha well thats all i read for now....

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
as you know i recently have been slammed....im currently on skunk2 pro s's and i love it but there are two problems. problem number one i rub like crazy. im on steelies with correct tire size im not stretching or anything. because of that do i take out my fenders completely not to rub? or how do i fix that problem and secondly oil pan cracking due to how low i am scares the shit out of me how often does this happen?

thanks in advanced alexjoo the noob

k researched about my fenders rubbing.......i can get them rolled to prevent rubbing right? and if i want to roll them myself i could just beat the shit of it w/ a bat right? haha well thats all i read for now....
Yes, you can use a bat to roll your fenders. I used the pole from my friend's floor jack. Worked like a charm. As for the oil pan, you should probably get a new one. Just be careful driving and you'll be fine. Angling to the max is a SSS driver's most useful technique.

alexjoo

oil pan is not cracked yet so no use for one yet :D haha and will rolling my fenders stop the rub? because im pretty damn low hahaha and so i would just have to roll my front fenders correct?

mirrorimg

Take a wheel off, and see where it is rubbing. There is no one answer to fix all. You actually have to look. Youre probably rubbing on the edge of the fender, and the metal seam at the top of the wheel well. Hammer the seam over. You may need to beat on the wheel well to give yourself a little more clearance.

EklipzeR

StOnErZ iNc
nice.... wait til you put some wheels on and you're gonna be turning heads.
lookin good man

alexjoo

i just got one when i got the new tires.....which was like 3 months ago? haha idk when do i know when i need an alignment? and does that raceline place install alarm systems in super secret places? :D kinda looking for one right now

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
i just got one when i got the new tires.....which was like 3 months ago? haha idk when do i know when i need an alignment? and does that raceline place install alarm systems in super secret places? :D kinda looking for one right now
Your alignment is now off because you're lowered. I highly recommend getting an alignment. Are you looking into a security system or a kill switch?

alexjoo

both but isnt kill switch easy? like doing it yourself easy? idk man im reading up on security right now still a noob haha! ummmmm alignment is pretty damn expensive imo how much is it at your place? i think i can get an alignment for like 75 i think

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
both but isnt kill switch easy? like doing it yourself easy? idk man im reading up on security right now still a noob haha! ummmmm alignment is pretty damn expensive imo how much is it at your place? i think i can get an alignment for like 75 i think
Sure you can do a kill switch yourself, but if you want a legit job, have it done at Raceline. My alignment guy does it for $50.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
you need smaller tires.. thats why you rub. are you on 14" steelies?

and dont just beat the fenders. put the bat/pole between the tire and fender and 'roll' it along to help fold the lip