finally slammed! but madddd tire rub

alexjoo

yeah im on 14" steelies hahaha i need smaller tires? so i would have to stretch? hahahaha and ummm the alignment and kill switch ill thinkg about it my best firneds dad i just found out does alarm system install so ill ask if he does kill switch and stuff

DAmonzt3r

db1 is love
Your alignment is now off because you're lowered. I highly recommend getting an alignment. Are you looking into a security system or a kill switch?
hey how much u charge for an alignment cuz when i got my new tires i didnt get it and i can tell th inside of my tire has less thread

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
having a smaller tire doesnt mean you'll be stretching. get either a narrower tire or shorter sidewall to get rid of that tire bulge

alexjoo

oh ic ic thanks for the info....but for now i think ill just rub because i just got these tires :( sigh hahaha oh and beat the shit out of my fender for now :D

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
I just remembered!!

I highly advise you to raise the car up a tad (to no wheel gap) till you get new wheels!!

My friend, a looonng time ago, slammed his DC when he saw mine and he had rubbing issues on his steelies. We looked under the wheel wells up front and theres this metal lip that goes along the whole middle of the wheel well. It was actually cutting the tire down the middle. I told him to raise it but he was confident that it was fine.

After a while, he hit up the touge down here, one of the wheels up front popped, slid off into a relatively deep ditch and flipped his ride. On an inspection, we came to the conclusion that the cutting of the tires is what caused the tire to fail. The tire popped in the middle of the tread.

I'm not sure if you touge or not but if you take on/off freeway ramps, theres a high possibility it'll cut up the tires.

Check under the wheel wells to make sure its not doing this.

mirrorimg

Take a wheel off, and see where it is rubbing. There is no one answer to fix all. You actually have to look. Youre probably rubbing on the edge of the fender, and the metal seam at the top of the wheel well. Hammer the seam over. You may need to beat on the wheel well to give yourself a little more clearance.
I just remembered!!

I highly advise you to raise the car up a tad (to no wheel gap) till you get new wheels!!

My friend, a looonng time ago, slammed his DC when he saw mine and he had rubbing issues on his steelies. We looked under the wheel wells up front and theres this metal lip that goes along the whole middle of the wheel well. It was actually cutting the tire down the middle. I told him to raise it but he was confident that it was fine.

After a while, he hit up the touge down here, one of the wheels up front popped, slid off into a relatively deep ditch and flipped his ride. On an inspection, we came to the conclusion that the cutting of the tires is what caused the tire to fail. The tire popped in the middle of the tread.

I'm not sure if you touge or not but if you take on/off freeway ramps, theres a high possibility it'll cut up the tires.

Check under the wheel wells to make sure its not doing this.

You must have missed it Coy ;)

alexjoo

its not my fenders rubbing its my fender liner....my friend said that it'll go away soon haha and no i have no money to call elton haha! and uhhhhhhhhhh will rhinoline really work? haha