first build and i need your opinions!!

pbteg11

pbteg11
well spawn i researched a lot more and i know realize how dumb i was to base my goals on rpms instead of whp lol kinda makes me feel like a ricer now lol...i think i am going to stay around the same red line as my stock gsr (depending on what the dyno says) but i am indeed going with a ls crank and rods with arp bolts and the ctr pistons (all balanced) and a high comp prolly 81 head gasket for my bottom end then brian crower stage 2 cams and valvetrain (gettin it from a friend) in a port and polished head...bout to start more research on my fuel sytem!!

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
well spawn i researched a lot more and i know realize how dumb i was to base my goals on rpms instead of whp lol kinda makes me feel like a ricer now lol...i think i am going to stay around the same red line as my stock gsr (depending on what the dyno says) but i am indeed going with a ls crank and rods with arp bolts and the ctr pistons (all balanced) and a high comp prolly 81 head gasket for my bottom end then brian crower stage 2 cams and valvetrain (gettin it from a friend) in a port and polished head...bout to start more research on my fuel sytem!!
Alright now, since your doing the research, have you accounted for the fact that the B18C block has a different deck height then doing a legitimate LSVTEC conversion using a fully assembled LS block? Also, your dyno tune will dictate your rpm's, you can build for a specific area but your redline will be set once you know where the motor is making power at on the dyno, you wont know this until after your done about the specifics of what you have created, your motor may rev 500rpm higher or lower for peak power depending on the specifics of the build.

pbteg11

pbteg11
yes i looked into the height and i will be good with the ls crank and rods but it's if i tried to use a ls crank and gsr rods that would mess me up lol and on the redline being determined by the dyno tune that is what i meant by "(depending on what the dyno says)"

pbteg11

pbteg11
thanks a lot man for usable info and actually keepin it real lol i didn't wanna seem like some rev happy douche or anything lol gunna start ordering parts next week!!

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
thanks a lot man for usable info and actually keepin it real lol i didn't wanna seem like some rev happy douche or anything lol gunna start ordering parts next week!!
You would be amazed at some of the questions that are asked, you can tell when someone has half a brain and what you say is actually making sense. It took me over a year to plan and execute my build on my car and ive already built my motor at least 100 times in my head, you have to visualize it before you can actually make it happen.