Flopez76's 95' Integra DC4 Slow Build

Flopez76

Damn, no love huh? :cry: Well here's what has been done so far, went and bought a painted GSR valve cover for $80 and a new Sony deck. And installed both of them. Nothing special or major really, don't have the right cash flow yet :) Well here's the pics b/c I'm a pic whore;

Here's the deck before 8)

Untitled by Flopez76, on Flickr

Here's the Sony deck all wired up and ready to get installed;

And presto! Installed & ready to go :suprise: also ignore how dirty everything is, I've been meaning to detail the interior

The GSR Valve cover, not bad for $80 I think;

Before;

After;

Not that bad really, I think so. Just need to get some headers to add a little more to the engine bay. Next I plan on getting some new tires to stop the rubbing on the inside fender well, and then get some coilovers to go lover! Let me know what y'all think 8)

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I am going to read more later and comment, but the previous owner fed you some bull shit. No such thing as a type r oil pump, and no way in hell it's going to make your vtec work. Some ls/vtec guys may be able to help you here...

Kyle

I am going to read more later and comment, but the previous owner fed you some bull s***. No such thing as a type r oil pump, and no way in hell it's going to make your vtec work. Some ls/vtec guys may be able to help you here...
This. I lol'd when I read that. The Type R/GSR/LS oil pumps are all the same.

Flopez76

I am going to read more later and comment, but the previous owner fed you some bull s***. No such thing as a type r oil pump, and no way in hell it's going to make your vtec work. Some ls/vtec guys may be able to help you here...

Yeah that's what he said but it's whatever I figured he was, but I traded him a non-running car for a running one so I was more than happy. but thanks for letting me know that before I went out and bought a BS part I didn't need.

This. I lol'd when I read that. The Type R/GSR/LS oil pumps are all the same.
And I bought it already painted & I'm planning on painting my old one tomorrow, and thanks man!

Flopez76

Alright well I'm running into a problem with my Teggy, first of all here's the problem when ever I'm taking off in first or just cruising around a parking lot the car starts to buck like crazy and not just a little nudge either, like it'll throw you into the steering wheel if you're not careful. It happens whenever I'm in low RPMs and whenever I left off of the throttle or give it some gas, it also happens sometimes in 2nd too. Now I know it could just be me and I could just suck at driving stick, but lets say it's not and something is wrong, well what would I have to check? I've searched multiple forums and all come up with something different and no definitive answer, some say it could be a dirty IACV, wrong gas, fuel pump, grounds, mounts (already checked them, they're fine), just a whole lot of things. But I was wondering if y'all could shed some light on this situation, any help would be greatly appreciated also. Thanks!

And here's something else I also found the IACV is blocked off with this piece of cardboard in the picture & the MAP sensor is connected or the IAT sensor, could these be reasons for the bucking in 1st gear?

CEL is on, but it's throwing a code 6, which is the ECT sensor. But I recently bought a new one and switched it out. So I know it's fine. No other CEL is showing. Sorry for the lack of details, if y'all need more info to help just let me know what y'all need and I'll see what I can do

Flopez76

Well it's been awhile and I haven't really done anything to the Integra except go out and buy a set of new wheels. Picked up a set of Motegi Racing MR12's for $400, not bad for the price. Also I didn't really want to go the Rota/XXR route, wanted something a little different. 8)

Here's how I got them;

IMG_2818 by Flopez76, on Flickr

They all pretty much look like this dirty as can be, poor white wheels :cry:

IMG_2819 by
IMG_2820 by Flopez76, on Flickr
tp://www.flickr.com/people/78841460@N04/]Flopez76[/url], on Flickr

After a little loving & whole lot of elbow grease :)

IMG_2835 by Flopez76, on Flickr

IMG_2836 by Flopez76, on Flickr

Group picture

IMG_2821 by Flopez76, on Flickr

Haven't had the chance to put them on the Integra because I have the wrong type of lug nuts, the ones I have are too big for the whole, I need some tuner style lug nuts and recommendations for lug nuts? And also the tires are pretty much brand new! Only problem is they're 205/50 and I think they're going to be rubbing, I'll post a picture to show y'all what I'mm talking about, what tire size would be good for the drop I have? I know y'all can't really help me till I post pictures of the wheels on the car, but I'm just sitting on Eibach lowering springs & stock shocks(I know bad, but thats how I bought it)

99TegLs

why does no one give you love?!?! dam nice car man, a little rough around the edges, and a few kinks to work out, but im 18 and gettin minimum wage too so i know how you feel! great work and keep it up man.

Teggykid952

Nice pick up. If you're looking for a higher quality 4-2-1 header try DC Sports. If you want a cheaper set up go with Megan and get different gaskets for it

Flopez76

Nice pick up. If you're looking for a higher quality 4-2-1 header try DC Sports. If you want a cheaper set up go with Megan and get different gaskets for it
For a header I was thinking about just saving up a couple of checks and pick up a Headman header or more than likely a DC header, I haven't really decided yet. But for a exhaust system I'm going to get an Apexi' A1

Good work man! I love how well you clean things up :thumbs up

Haha it's sort of a pet peeve, but thanks man.

Also any suggestions for lug nuts?