Fog Lights

bradster101

Shoot at least not yet ... I've had em on for about 3 months now and they show no sign of fault...

Only Issue I encountered was the size difference of the regular bulb and the HID bulb. The HID is bigger therefore i had to make a little alterations for them to fit tightly
What all did you have to do to make them fit? And are your hid's 35w or 55w?

Primoce

Frequent Blogger
Old Pics/Bad Quality
But here what they look like... I beleive these are when i first installed the HID's

[/IMG]

bradster101

look pretty good, kinda hard to tell since you have your headlights on to :lol:

And the lens is plastic right? or glass?

racerguy06

you have to remember that hids run cooler than regular halogen bulbs just brighter and i have had no issues with melting

racerguy06

i think that mine are glass also now that i think about it

all i had to do was cut a hole right behind where the bulb goes and the rubber gromet that is on the hids sealed it up fine
if i get a chance to tomarrow i will take one off and snap a few pics
you can see how bright they are at left
<----

bradster101

Yea you should do that so I can see what Im getting myself into haha.... and some night pix of just the hids would be awesome :rocker:

Are all the fogs glass? Or where did you get yours?

racerguy06

i got mine from DOTCOM RACING on ebay i will go snap a few night shots for you if i remember fight they were 79.99 with free shiping

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
heres my si vtec fogs at night.... the replica fogs are made of glass not plastic so you CAN put hids in them just half to mod the fog light casing a little. Dont mind the ukdm front bumper :p

as i mentioned above you half to mod the foglight to install hids... all you half to do is make the hole bigger for the hids bulb wires. Drill works the best but becareful,dont make the hole to big!

Problem with 3K hids is they big a lot of attention to yourself and cops and dont expect the best cut off lines. The projectors in foglights suck for hids, but its a very nice to show off addition, but most would say its a aste pf $

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I know my replica ones are glass, I would think all of them are,but i cant confirm that... the ones in those pics are real si vtec fogs, but i do own replica as well.

here's a DYI on hids for EG, but you can use it towards the housing.
CLICK HERE

bradster101

Thanks that should help out quite a bit....and thats a good idea about covering it with that 3m tape

Where did you put your switch?

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I'm using the 98-01 location for fog button(dash) i'm using that location for my rear foglight. I was going to use 3M tape but I thought water wouldn't hold up over time so I used water proof silicone. same stuff I used to reseal my tailights.

Last edited: