Fuel modding an integra

camopaint0707

So I have my acura integra which I use as my daily driver and to deliver pizzas. I am trying to get as best of fuel economy as possible with this car. So far I have hydroedge tires, removed the trunk boards, spare tire, jack, passengers and rear bench seat. I also have semi streamlined the underside of it. Currently I can average 55 mpg on the highway with the A/C off. What else can I do to squeeze every once of economy out of this little car.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Have you blocked the opening in the front bumper for the radiator? Over inflate your tires to over 40 but im guessing you already know this? Not too many people on here care about efficiency, im a member over at Ecomodder.com and they have tons of information, definetly the place to go if your looking for those last few mpgs. 55MPG? Thats crazy high.
- Aaron

Nighthawk

Goes Vroom in the Night
The one thing that stands out as "odd' for me here...you drive for a living but took the jack and spare out of your car. What are you going to do if you get a flat? Is saving a couple pounds worth not being able to work for the rest of the day? Unless you have someone on call waiting to deliver you a wheel/tire, I don't see the point of doing that.

eiznekeM

I call bullshit on 55 mpg, sorry dude. How did you streamline the belly? By removing things or by adding shields to make it more "aerodynamic". x2 on the no jack. Wrecks your day when you gotta wait for someone or call a tow truck.

96GSRteg

Tyler
I call bulls*** on 55 mpg, sorry dude.

x2 on this one. Most people dont calculate their MPGs right. You have to take the miles from a tank and divide it by however many gallons you just put in at the gas station.

Especially if you deliver pizzas, where you are starting and stopping all the time. Even if it was a typo and you meant 45 mpg, thats still crazy high.

natron84

Have you blocked the opening in the front bumper for the radiator? Over inflate your tires to over 40 but im guessing you already know this? Not too many people on here care about efficiency, im a member over at Ecomodder.com and they have tons of information, definetly the place to go if your looking for those last few mpgs. 55MPG? Thats crazy high.

- Aaron
lol hopefully its cold where you live, cuz blocking the air dam is the worst advice I've ever heard.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

eiznekeM

lol hopefully its cold where you live, cuz blocking the air dam is the worst advice I've ever heard.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express
I didn't catch that the first time around. Yeah, don't do that unless it's abnormally cold all the time there or it's winter haha. Those new Ford Focus' have those self closing ones at highway speeds. And what are these hydroedge tires?

Edit: Looked it up myself. Hydroedge tires are for the rain, wtf? If you wanted fuel economic tires, check out the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tires. Are you trolling us?

Last edited:

camopaint0707

- Aaron
Yeah I'm on ecomodder too and just started researching grille blocking the front and stuff. I'm just worried about the car over heating. I do plan to up my tire pressure too.

camopaint0707

The one thing that stands out as "odd' for me here...you drive for a living but took the jack and spare out of your car. What are you going to do if you get a flat? Is saving a couple pounds worth not being able to work for the rest of the day? Unless you have someone on call waiting to deliver you a wheel/tire, I don't see the point of doing that.
I don't drive for a living. It's a part time job delivering pizzas in a small town. If the tire blows I'll be close enough I can just walk to my house, drive another car or bring another tire to replace it. Not too worried about that.

camopaint0707

I call bulls*** on 55 mpg, sorry dude. How did you streamline the belly? By removing things or by adding shields to make it more "aerodynamic". x2 on the no jack. Wrecks your day when you gotta wait for someone or call a tow truck.
I'm not here to try and convince you of my excellent fuel economy. Call bullshit all you want. Streamlined the belly, I took coroplast and attached it to the front bumper as far back as I could go with it. The underside of the front from the bumper to a little past the engine is just one piece of coroplast.

camopaint0707

x2 on this one. Most people dont calculate their MPGs right. You have to take the miles from a tank and divide it by however many gallons you just put in at the gas station.

Especially if you deliver pizzas, where you are starting and stopping all the time. Even if it was a typo and you meant 45 mpg, thats still crazy high.
I said 55 on the highway. City driving is a bit of drop off. Around 30-35 if it's all city or delivering. And if I made a thread on fuel modding my acura do you really think I wouldn't know how to properly calculate my gas mileage?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I drive for a living and even when I have to use my car, I roll bareback; I don't think it's that bad to have to call someone for a spare tire and jack. Well, this is all true if you have actual friends that do things for you because you're not a lame ass thieving faggot. Just my opinion

camopaint0707

I didn't catch that the first time around. Yeah, don't do that unless it's abnormally cold all the time there or it's winter haha. Those new Ford Focus' have those self closing ones at highway speeds. And what are these hydroedge tires?

Edit: Looked it up myself. Hydroedge tires are for the rain, wtf? If you wanted fuel economic tires, check out the Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max tires. Are you trolling us?
MIchellin Hydro Edge with Green X technology are the current tires I'm using. They are decent for fuel economy but obviously not the best. I never said they were. And possible overheating is my only concern if I do block off the front of the car.

pinkley

b@115D33p
I drive for a living and even when I have to use my car, I roll bareback; I don't think it's that bad to have to call someone for a spare tire and jack. Well, this is all true if you have actual friends that do things for you because you're not a lame ass thieving faggot. Just my opinion
Your comments always seen to amuse me! Lol

X1k on the spare tire and jack. I couldn't get that cheap ass jack under may car now anyways.