Fuel modding an integra

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
MIchellin Hydro Edge with Green X technology are the current tires I'm using. They are decent for fuel economy but obviously not the best. I never said they were. And possible overheating is my only concern if I do block off the front of the car.
Stop and go is murder; I wouldn't cover my grill while delivering pizza. Drag should be a minimal issue, assuming you live in the city and not in the bushes where you're driving 20 miles between houses on back roads and freeways

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
lol hopefully its cold where you live, cuz blocking the air dam is the worst advice I've ever heard.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express
Once again, a comment from an un-educated member... Many people do grill blocks and such to lower their drag coefficient. Some do partial blocks so that some air still enters. Research first, respond later.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Just do a delete on some unneeded parts. Fuck brakes, hold your pizza delivery containers out the window like a drag car to slow down. Windscreens: fuck that, Calvin and Hobbes goggles FTW. Tires - why the fuck you need rubber; roll on rim so tire pressure is always at it's maximum

eiznekeM

I don't drive for a living. It's a part time job delivering pizzas in a small town. If the tire blows I'll be close enough I can just walk to my house, drive another car or bring another tire to replace it. Not too worried about that.
Fair enough.

I'm not here to try and convince you of my excellent fuel economy. Call bulls*** all you want. Streamlined the belly, I took coroplast and attached it to the front bumper as far back as I could go with it. The underside of the front from the bumper to a little past the engine is just one piece of coroplast.
You haven't convinced me. Even on the highway, with your streamlining, it jsut seems super high. It doesn't seem feasable to get that with the minor weight reduction and slightly better (assuming it's done well) aerodynamics. I'm not hating on you, sorry if I came off that way, I'm just super skeptical that you're getting mileage that rivals a Prius or something of the like.

I said 55 on the highway. City driving is a bit of drop off. Around 30-35 if it's all city or delivering. And if I made a thread on fuel modding my acura do you really think I wouldn't know how to properly calculate my gas mileage?
See, that's a big thing. You need to calculate your combined average, because there you have a 20-25 mpg difference.

MIchellin Hydro Edge with Green X technology are the current tires I'm using. They are decent for fuel economy but obviously not the best. I never said they were. And possible overheating is my only concern if I do block off the front of the car.
I know you didn't, don't worry. It just seemed backwards, I was just investigating. If you're really determined, Do a half block like theivjackal said, but watch your temp gauge like hawk.

camopaint0707

I'm saying that I have, on an all highway run acheived 55 mpg. Which was about 550 miles on a single tank of gas. That was extreme hypermilling. No AC, nothing in the car, no electrics on. Drafting, pulse and gliding, 55mph. And fuck the prius. That is the stupidest car ever.