Gas issue

da9teggy

okay please some one help me my car is kind of burning gas... for example i had full my tank up on monday and now today my car is almost on E NOT THERE BUT ALMOST and the car does not run funny or nutting its gets up too speed perfect so please guys help do u think i need a new fuel filters or new injector

emd513

i dont know what is making mine do that but im having the same problem. i put a new filter pump cap rotor button wires plugs new stock regulator then i put an adjustable regulator on. i get 26 mpg but only use just slightly over 9 gallons. ill keep track of this post i would like to know as well. but to the original quest go ahead n put the filter on it wouldnt hurt to have a new one but doubt it will help with the running out of gas just make u run better if urs is dirty

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
is your car throwing any codes?

could be bad o2 sensor, coolant temperature sensor, or just might need a tune up

da9teggy

dont dwag me now but what do u mean by trowing codes

mirrorimg

How much did you drive between now and monday? Use your trip-meter when you fill up. Reset it and look at how many miles you traveled when you fill up next. Write down the number of gallons you used to fill up and...

Number of miles traveled / gallons to fill up to full = MPG.

You may just need a little tune up, because your car is not using all of the gas being put into it, so it requires more to get around. Spark plugs, wires, Dizzy cap and rotor, fuel filter. Or it could be that you have a super heavy foot and racing it around all the time.

da9teggy

it doesnt feel like a i need a tune up because i just got the car out the shop sunday to replace my axle but an the guy who fix my car said that he tune the car up a lil an it runs twice is better then it did when i first got it but ima going to take that advice bout the trip meter and refilli it.... and i have been kind of heavy foot but that was only monday and a bit to day an also can it be becuz i use 93 gas at shells

Last edited:

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
it doesnt feel like a i need a tune up because i just got the car out the shop sunday to replace my axle but an the guy who fix my car said that he tune the car up a lil an it runs twice is better then it did when i first got it but ima going to take that advice bout the trip meter and refilli it.... and i have been kind of heavy foot but that was only monday and a bit to day an also can it be becuz i use 93 gas at shells
im not even going to mention your spelling and lack of grammar... but from what i understood, you need a tune up like jason said, and no you should not put 93 octane in an LS. there is NO need for gas that can be compressed that much. your compression ratio is not high enough to make good use out of it. that could very well be the reason its so low.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
so you are stating that the gas may be burning a bit faster beacuz of the 93 gas i am using???
what im saying is that the gas is combusting too late in the engine cycle to get a complete burn, making you use more gas and waste more gas... the whole reason that 91/93 octane gas produces more power is because it compresses much more in the cylinder before it ignites. when you have a high compression ratio this is very effective. when you do not have a high compression ratio, like in your ls, its worhtless causing waste. i would go no higher than mid grade. if THAT is even necessary. i did run 89 in my LS but only because the car ran smoother, not because i was looking for more power.
no hes stating ur wasting ur money paying for 93 when you only need regular not premium
this too