Gas issue

da9teggy

what im saying is that the gas is combusting too late in the engine cycle to get a complete burn, making you use more gas and waste more gas... the whole reason that 91/93 octane gas produces more power is because it compresses much more in the cylinder before it ignites. when you have a high compression ratio this is very effective. when you do not have a high compression ratio, like in your ls, its worhtless causing waste. i would go no higher than mid grade. if THAT is even necessary. i did run 89 in my LS but only because the car ran smoother, not because i was looking for more power.

this too
yea thanks man but i highly doubt that i need a tune but iam going to try jason advicce

emd513

i agree with u guys somewhat on the octane. i run 93 most of the time sometimes when im short on cash i drop to 89 and like u said it runs smoother. now before anyone starts saying stuff ive turned my dist advance aliittle bit as well run a cold air n have a adjustable fpr. now with that being said i believe my 02 is out as well but i find that when i run 93 i actually get 3 mpg more than 87. thats my car though urs might be diff. i would check ur ecu for codes and double check ur ignition set up

bonspeed

PinoyDomesticMarket
mine is a '92 RS 5speed and I get like 269km on 1 fulltank. city drive plus busted o2 sensor,holes on the exhaust pipe and 5mins. warming up the engine.. is it just fair?