Good morning racers!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I used it here and there with rwd cars before, but wasn't really well coordinated with it. I started using it a lot with the MS3 cause the fastest guys were preaching it all the time. It made a big difference in times even half assing it like I prob was.
I really think theres only one corner i will ever use that on lol! I will try it one day. I get stupid mid corner understeer at turn 2 at thunderhill. i think thats because i dont enter it as wide and as late as i can.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I've never run slicks and can't imagine the grip difference. I used to run the toyo r888 on my M3 and at the glen and pocono raceway and the level of grip was scary at high speeds. The line between grip and no grip feels much smaller with those type of tires.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I really think theres only one corner i will ever use that on lol! I will try it one day. I get stupid mid corner understeer at turn 2 at thunderhill. i think thats because i dont enter it as wide and as late as i can.
Yea when you feel the front end start to push out, just keep on the gas and gently get on the brakes. You should feel the back end start to come around. It almost feels like you could adjust the front and rear position by the amount of gas and brake you give it, I've not gotten that comfortable but it feels like the control is there somewhere, if that makes sense.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I've never run slicks and can't imagine the grip difference. I used to run the toyo r888 on my M3 and at the glen and pocono raceway and the level of grip was scary at high speeds. The line between grip and no grip feels much smaller with those type of tires.
Depends on the tire i find. RA1s were not happy when they were squeeling at the limit, NT01s are just very loud and squeel. RA1s also feel different on high load corners, or maybe i just got better and just instinctively drive with slip angle now.

Yea when you feel the front end start to push out, just keep on the gas and gently get on the brakes. You should feel the back end start to come around. It almost feels like you could adjust the front and rear position by the amount of gas and brake you give it, I've not gotten that comfortable but it feels like the control is there somewhere, if that makes sense.
my problem is my car is over braked and a slight touch is too much now -__-

Nick_C78

You are getting on the throttle too late dylan. You have a diff. Throttle on before the apex and let that bitch pull you through the corner.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Dont think the diff helps there as much because im not WOT. Im feathering it through the corner.

The turn is turn 2, the left handed sweeper after the start finish

[YOUTUBE="j"]ee3RhrNs1UE[/YOUTUBE]

Hope you can learn from these discussions OP.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Those long sweepers at :50, 1:00, 1:13, and even 1:30 I would def try the braking. You could prob stay flat out through that left at 1:00.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Those long sweepers at :50, 1:00, 1:13, and even 1:30 I would def try the braking. You could prob stay flat out through that left at 1:00.
I think my entry into that corner is meh, I dont use all of the track and i can enter it in later and daimond it more. Can for sure make up time there, the turn at 1:30 should be flat. I couldnt get it down like i could with the RA1s but i think thats because im carrying a lot more speed through there than im used to now. gonna get that ironed out. You should come to this track if you make it out here Greg. Its an SCCA sanctuary or something.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I keep planning on making it out there with a car to track. It's too far to want to tow something, but I'm thinking about spending a month or so in SD this summer. I guess if I drive the MS3 out I'll have something to play with. I'd like to see how it hangs with the Integras; but you guys will prob be lapping me lol.

gsr_nikhil

Damn this thread took off! Sorry I'm late to reply, dont really check this site as much as I should...

I appreciate all the input/advice! Just to be clear my set up is as follows:
Function and form type 1's
Stock gsr sway bars front and rear
Rpf1's wrapped in kumho ast's (weak point) and mostly stock besides that and tune

I have heard from multiple instructors that its more effective to learn car control I.e. feathering to induce oversteer and whatnot so I will be practicing this in the upcoming events. I race with NASA and our next event is mid march at TWS which is one of my favorite tracks. I just want to get out and race lol.

As far as seats go, I just got some gsr cloths for now so I'm not sliding everywhere on my busted leather seats. Hope the cloth holds me still.
Next is new tires (probably federal rs-r's cuz cheap and not too terrible) in the videos I posted in my build thread you'll see me beat up on vettes and frs's with those federals on

gsr_nikhil

Again, thanks for all the replies, Dylan I appreciate the offer and I'll probably send you a PM about good suspension setups/combos in the future. What would you recommend I do first? Am I right in thinking tires first then suspension? I think a roll cage and seat are out of the question until I get a daily