Got a few little problems

So Breazy

Sup guys, haven't posted in a while but I've got 3 problems.

1) My car seems to kinda lag sometimes when I go to start it. I'll turn the key all the way and my lights will turn on, but the engine will kinda crank a second after. This isn't consistent I'm wondering if its an electrical, clutch, or engine problem.

2) Sometimes when I pull up on my handbrake it doesn't stick, click, or lock.

3) I have new pads and rotors installed less than 3 weeks ago. I'm getting an inconsistent squealing noise coming from the left side (I'm pretty sure its the back side). Now, the shop is telling me that the problem is a seized caliper (which although I know I have, the seized caliper is on the right side of my car definitely NOT where the sound is coming from.) A good friend of mine told me that with new pads & rotors they should have put a very small amount of rotor grease on them to prevent them from making noise. I asked the shop about this and they kept telling me that this is wrong & that my problem is a seized caliper, so I kinda need more opinions from people who specialize in this specific car.

Sorry to right an essay here guys, itd be great if you guys can help me out. I drive a 94 Rs Standard if that changes anything.

Cripton805

My car has a beeping sound. I wait until it stops and then I start it. I have the lag too otherwise.
So did my 90 LS

French-Frye

Sup guys, haven't posted in a while but I've got 3 problems.

1) My car seems to kinda lag sometimes when I go to start it. I'll turn the key all the way and my lights will turn on, but the engine will kinda crank a second after. This isn't consistent I'm wondering if its an electrical, clutch, or engine problem.

2) Sometimes when I pull up on my handbrake it doesn't stick, click, or lock.

3) I have new pads and rotors installed less than 3 weeks ago. I'm getting an inconsistent squealing noise coming from the left side (I'm pretty sure its the back side). Now, the shop is telling me that the problem is a seized caliper (which although I know I have, the seized caliper is on the right side of my car definitely NOT where the sound is coming from.) A good friend of mine told me that with new pads & rotors they should have put a very small amount of rotor grease on them to prevent them from making noise. I asked the shop about this and they kept telling me that this is wrong & that my problem is a seized caliper, so I kinda need more opinions from people who specialize in this specific car.

Sorry to right an essay here guys, itd be great if you guys can help me out. I drive a 94 Rs Standard if that changes anything.
1 i had that problem but i replaced my battery and it stopped happening. i was told it could also be the ignition switch.

2 pull the center console and check the base. There are teeth that click into place check them first

3 pull your caliper. try and push the piston back into the caliper if it doesnt move = frozen caliper. if the piston moves back into the caliper then look at your pads if they are glazed (heated from friction) they will squeak or when the rotors are new they have an oil on them to keep them clean till they are purchased if this oil was not cleaned off then the pads will soak it up and cause noise

since it is an RS it has drum brakes in the rear correct? pull the drums too and check those for glazing they can heat up very quickly if not checked. CAUTION IF YOU TAKE THE REAR DRUMS OFF DO NOT!! I REPEAT DO NOT BREATH IN THE DUST!!! it is asbestos and will cause lung cancer

Last edited: